• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Lil'Cholo's Best of Park Cruisin's Souldies Vol. 1

LCPCSBOa.jpg

LCBOPCSV1BC.jpg

Maybe now some will realize why I am partial to Old English style type fonts.

Lil'Cholo on Old English "Gargoyle" font is sort of my Trademark/Logo. It's probably also the reason some people don't like it....aka....it is associated with Latin gangs and notorious ahole Kings from the past. Neither of which I am related to or a part of. Although, as a youngster growing up in Cali, many of my friends were in gangs...something I have never approved of but a friend is a friend and I didn't judge them but I also didn't agree with all their choices. I did love listening to the oldies they turned me onto and cruising in their lowriders and going to the park scene to wath the countless other lowriders with some of the most awesome paint jobs I have ever seen on cars/trucks, etc... To me it was all part of a culture but more important to me, was the art aspect of it all.

Some people would see lowriders and cholos and see gangs. Me, I saw art, a culture like no other, a big family when they wanted it to be like that, etc... Unfortunately, the part I didn't agree with and the part others didn't like was the gang part. To this day, I still don't understand how people from the same race kill each other over a number or because they live in a certain part of town while others lives on the other side of town. I didn't see parts of town, I saw people....from the same race no less.

But oh well, too bad ignorance is a trait that these people can't seem to get out of their genes....but they are still my raza and I love them.

Back