• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests what are these bugs?

stnf004_zpse75a0fe2.jpg

I get the feeling they are not good bugs but don't know.

Indiana_Jesse are you 100% sure? They look a bit like ladybug larvae. Any chance of getting a close up photo mooman? If that's a thrip I would assume it's an adult and I don't see any wings. Or is the lighter colored "V" shape the wings?

ive seen those before. dont know what they are. usually they are on the ficus trees in between leaves that are curled up, usually folded right in half. anything that curls leaves are bad.

booyah !! ficus thrips is what i was talkin about, lol but it could be any kind of thrip like everyone else said
575590_4965896579773_2041044141_n.jpg

TREATMENT. It should be noted that it isn’t always necessary to treat this pest. There are a lot of natural enemies, such as ladybugs and lacewings, that will help keep populations in check. If treatment becomes necessary, pruning and disposal of infested new growth may be the most effective management option. Systemic insecticides in the neonicotinoid family will also provide control.

Not all ladybug larvae have the distinguished orange dot pattern and depending on where they're at in their life cycle not always much bigger. I'm not saying they're LB larvae for sure. Just suggesting it's possible and the OP should make sure prior to taking any action. If any of you folks who have commented earlier are 100% sure they're thrips let the OP know and how he should deal with them.

Back