• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Well that was awesome

My wife and I had lunch at our favorite taqueria today and at the counter the had a basket of serranos out to add a little heat to your meal. Of course i saw this and was like "sweet, free seeds!!!" so my wife laughs at me and I grab one. Not that serrano seeds are all that pricey but I easily got decent amount to play around with. Plus when it comes to experimenting with germination techniques, would you rather use some free serrano seeds or your prized TS ButchT seeds?

So the huge mistake was after cutting them up and collecting the seeds from inside (not wearing any gloves) I just completely spaced and itched my nose. Few minutes later I found myself in the bathroom hovering over the sink sticking my shnoz in a glass of milk. After awhile it still hadn't helped much so I went with some dish soap and that finally did the trick. I guess the next addition to my pepper supplies is a box of nitrile gloves lol.

My Mother in law, who lives in Mexico, and comes over a couple times a month, makes a mean salsa using serranos. Beleive me it is hot stuff, I could not imagine her making a salsa with a real HOT pepper.

so, were the serranos red or green?

i saw some at a local grocery store today but they were green. the fresnos were a nice bright red.

That happens to me all the time with superhots i.e. "Bhuts/Scorps". You get use to it which I even kind of look forward to. For me it's an indicator that tells me "yup it's all there". They're other places that I don't think will ever get use to it…so need to be careful around there!!

Back