• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting weekend harvest

just picked these last night. i finally got a harvest over a pound, came in just at 17oz.

top left to right: kung pao, thai oragne, tobago sweet scotch bonnet
middle: fatalii hybrid (hydro plant), aniheim, fatalii hybrid (outside plant)
bottom: bhut jolokia, 7pot, big jim

101_5498.jpg

Very nice banquet of pods abf303. I don't know how I missed your other thread about you and your friend trying half the 7 pot pepper. Brave souls, have you found any other uses for the pods. I feel I have asked before but did your seed come from the seed trading parcel by any chance, and how do you rank this pepper with other superhots? Congrats on the nice looking harvest!

Edit: Nevermind, I found where you answered my question already. So good to see this strain growing strong in so many gardens around the world. Do you think this may be hottest of the superhots? Like to know how you rank'em.

thanks, i should get a few more harvest befor it to cold then im going to bring in one of each plant to over winter.

i plan to use most of the 7's for powder, but a couple will be used for sauce.

they are by far the hottes ive had. but i only have tried bhuts, 7 pots and fatalii for the superhots. they seem to have a long burn then the bhuts for me and it also gave me some mean pepper gut 30 mins later.

so is this the dreaded "brain strain" then?

Yup it sure looks that way abf303. There was brain strain seed in the parcel last year, I just have no idea who grabbed the seed like in a trade. You should feel confident if it can from my seed it is the brain stain 7 Pod. I am sorry for the shameless promotion of this pepper, I just know we have a new world's hottest chili pepper and want to spread true seed far and wide. I have tried other superhots the Bhuts, Scorpion, and Fatalii they have nothing on this 7 Pod. Mouth, pepper gut, next day they're all :hell: when you eat a brain strain. Nice growing!

i didnt even know i had the brain strain until you mentioned it. thanks agian for putting it in the parcel.

it sure is a mean looking pepper and can back it up to. so far its the hottest ive had so i think you could have a real winner there for hottest pepper.

Back