wanted Wanted - Rocoto

Hey everyone i am new to this whole thing, but i am looking for some red and yellow rocoto seeds.
Only thing is i live in Australia so i dont know how sending seeds to me would work.
If anyone has any help or advice it would be great!!

Cheers,
Allan.

there is plenty of good websites you can get seeds from that ship to australia. ive bought heaps of rocoto seeds from oversea's and they usually dont take any longer than 2 weeks to arrive.

hey dude im about to go to peru in 3 days. ill pick you up a rocoto pepper if you want & trade some peppers. & i'd be willing to ship it out to youu. Just PM to tell me what peppers you have to trade.

hey dude im about to go to peru in 3 days. ill pick you up a rocoto pepper if you want & trade some peppers. & i'd be willing to ship it out to youu. Just PM to tell me what peppers you have to trade.

As great as that offer sounds, i dont think you would be able to get the fruit through to Australia...Customs would take it for sure...

The only way I know of to get pods out of Peru ,through customs is to bottle them in water and tell them they are Mom's pickled peppers.
Processed stuff is ok,fresh is not.
My friend puts the pods in a gal. jug and fills it with water before going to the airport and empties it out once in the states.
Don't toss out the water.It gets flavored by the rocoto pods.Cook with it.
The pods are just fine after doing this.Seeds sprouted normally too.

Try Chile Mojo at 381 Magill Road for Manzana Yellow seeds. They don't have any listed on their site at the moment but maybe they can find some if you ask.

I only had success with an orange variety this season.

Try Chile Mojo at 381 Magill Road for Manzana Yellow seeds. They don't have any listed on their site at the moment but maybe they can find some if you ask.

I only had success with an orange variety this season.

Will give them a go....
JungleRain has said that he will send some through to me, cant wait till they get here :)

Dude, Rocotos are a name of a pepper that is a Capsicum pubescens species. If you are there long enough I would find as many pods of different local peppers as you can an paper towel dry the seeds. Try to either mail them home or risk on your person. I have heard stories of seeds being confiscated. The Smokemaster idea is also good.

Have fun in Peru

Mike

The only way I know of to get pods out of Peru ,through customs is to bottle them in water and tell them they are Mom's pickled peppers.
Processed stuff is ok,fresh is not.
My friend puts the pods in a gal. jug and fills it with water before going to the airport and empties it out once in the states.
Don't toss out the water.It gets flavored by the rocoto pods.Cook with it.
The pods are just fine after doing this.Seeds sprouted normally too.

thats a good ideaa. & idkk will they let that slidee though?

Dude, Rocotos are a name of a pepper that is a Capsicum pubescens species. If you are there long enough I would find as many pods of different local peppers as you can an paper towel dry the seeds. Try to either mail them home or risk on your person. I have heard stories of seeds being confiscated. The Smokemaster idea is also good.

Have fun in Peru

Mike

yeaah ive gatherred lots of seeds & i think ima do both. mail & have some on me.

Seeds from Peru -no U.S.Customs problem

IM004221.jpg

IM004224.jpg

IM004222.jpg

IM004223.jpg

if you want rocoto seeds you gotta checkout the selection on semillas.de ..he has got heaps and ive bought a few off the website and they only take about a week to get here from the canary islands, the best seed bank in my opinion. :cool:

I wouldn't take the risk with the fresh fruit here to Australia. If there is no problems with getting seeds through (which there isn't if they are labelled with the botanical name) then why risk us getting other pests. Apparantly they have just found fruit fly here in WA from someone getting something sent over here from the Eastern states. They are investigating the area where they were found to see who may have bought them in but the problem is if it turns out to be a problem we will never be allowed to grow capsicums and chillies without having to spray everything all the time. We have minimal pest problems in aus compared to some places so please don't take the risk of infecting our country especially when you have offers from others for seeds already. As nice as a fresh fruit sounds it isn't worth it. Plus shipping would be expensive on a jar.

Back