• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Super Bowl Throwdown

Who repped their area best and of those which is your fave?

• tctenten - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-16#entry1417289]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Student of Spice - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry

• bpiela - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry1417453]Lo

• CheriLBW - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-19#entry1417406]

• grantmichaels - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63625-begin-super-bowl-throwdown/page-24#entry141

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D3monic said:
Still think boss should compile a cookbook with all the best THP Throwdown recipes. I'd buy a copy for sure. 
I have a book I can sell you. :rofl:

IMG_1228.JPG

OK...just finished up working on a sauce prototype with eggplant, squid ink and black garlic.  Time to re-wine and get some serious reviewing going on. 

Squid ink always reminds me of a boob story.

When I worked at Anthony's Home Port, we all wore white chef coats/pants. One day one of the prep cooks was cleaning squid, and came up behind Alison, who had big'ol boobs, and grabbed them. Two black hand prints... Pow! Hysterical. The whole kitchen was ROFL. Even the KM who perpetually had a stick implant, laughed his ass off.

Well, that doesn't seem that funny.

But it was. LOL

That's funny, Scovie, and Rymer~ if that comment was to me...

:edit:  ​delete  :silenced:   

OK... I have to be really critical, and after the first round, it's down to 10-

re-wine and 2nd review of those~

OK- I'm down to 3-
how well does the entry represent the team/region
does it work to serve a crowd for superbowl
does it make me want to face-plant right into it
Backstory is a must

Several dishes scored superhigh on the Represent, but I couldn't see serving it as Casual Food (one of the original TD qualifiers)  to a gathering on SB Sunday.  But I really want to eat it right now!!!    :banghead: One more review in the morning.... :sigh:

DagNabbit!!!  We are really blessed to have such talented folks posting up all these incredible foods with the recipes to boot~~~

BOOM!! we have a leader. Still wanted to see more VOTES from observers  :surprised:

For those who didn't win or didn't make the mustard getting votes...I just can't say enough about everything that was entered.

EVERYONE should be proud of your entries!! 

I really want to pick 2 more...The brat entries are crying in my beer right now  ;)  Long live the BRATS!!!

I guess I didn't really give a back story... but I mean, philly cheesesteak. It speaks for itself. as for pretzils

"very city is famous for something, and soft pretzels are to Philadelphia as deep-dish pizza is to Chicago and bagels are to New York. We aren’t talking about your run-of-the-mill, overly processed mall food court pretzels, though. What we’re referring to is the deliciously doughy, chewy, perfectly salted, hearty pretzels topped with mustard found originally in the City of Brotherly Love. Philadelphia soft pretzels are unique because of their shape (a tight figure-eight rather than a large loop with a twisted center and skinny ends) and their texture (chewy rather than crunchy). Philadelphia is said to consume twelve times the national average number of pretzels a year, and although pretzels aren’t what most people normally think of as an interesting food, they’re a classic that can’t be forgotten.
Pretzels were originally invented in Italy as far back as 610 AD, where the earliest reports state that Italian monks used the pretiolas, or “little rewards,” to encourage their pupils to study harder. Soon, the popularity of these treats spread to Austria and Germany, where they became known as bretzels. When the Pennsylvania Dutch immigrated to the United States, they – unsurprisingly – brought their favorite snack with them.
The first American pretzel was supposedly baked in 1861 in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Legend has it that a baker by the name of Ambrose Roth obtained the now-famous soft pretzel recipe from a homeless man after providing him with shelter and care for the night. Julius Sturgis, Roth’s apprentice, loved the recipe and donated several hundred pretzels to Northern soldiers during the civil war “for their aid and comfort.” Commercial pretzel factories sprung up one after another, and today, most of Philadelphia’s soft pretzels are produced right in the city. Famous factories include the Federal Pretzel Baking Company at 6th and Federal and the Center City Pretzel Company at 8th and Washington. Though most pretzels are now machine-cut (unless you seek out hand-twisted ones at Reading Terminal Market), there’s still plenty of heritage and tradition behind them. If you love pretzels as much as we do, be sure to check these places out, especially on April 26, or National Pretzel Day!"

D3monic said:
I guess I didn't really give a back story... but I mean, philly cheesesteak. It speaks for itself. as for pretzils

"very city is famous for something, and soft pretzels are to Philadelphia as deep-dish pizza is to Chicago and bagels are to New Yorkt Reading Terminal Market), there’s still plenty of heritage and tradition behind them. If you love pretzels as much as we do, be sure to check these places out, especially on April 26, or National Pretzel Day!"
Waaaaaayyyyyyy TLDR. :rofl:

There were several entries that just posted their food and i dont know anything about that region history ofbthe dish, how it tied in to the area and team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back