• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stuff It! Oktoberfest Throwdown Official Thread

Who made the best sausage meal?

• chilliman's Big Bertha Giant Beer Bun & Skinless Chilli Dog

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • moyboy's Red Hot Chipotle Oktoberfest Sausages

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • frydad4's Oktoberfest Sausage Blow

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Quadshotz's Spicy Steak Snausages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Spicy Ziti a la Texas (aka Spaghetti Western)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SumOfMyBits' The Old College Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE's Schlachtplatte

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • texas blues' Chorizo del Mar Po' Boy w/ Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thehotpepper.com said:
I gotta be honest I'm confused by AJ's, I wish he had better pics. I don't see any ziti, or a ziti box in the ingredients, but the title says it. Is it baked ziti with sausage and cheese on top?

Ziti...nope, was not Ziti...that's what I get for asking the wife to help with a name and I took her word for it...she said it was baked spaghetti and I didn't take time to look...the pasta was standard spaghetti...

AJ Fail....

the dish was spaghetti topped with homemade meat sauce, a sausage on top with a little more meat sauce topped with mozzarella, sprinkled with parmesian, and garnished with mexican oregano flowers...

Ziti is my fav but ziti or no ziti, still think the presentation had me. nice cauliflower and brocolli mmmm. all others awesome too. bacon beer cheese soup nice.moyboys nice work as well. all awesome i didnt even attempt this prob would have blown up more than frydads lol. caseing ideas wereawesome too, chiliman,sumb,potwie,quad all props:clap:

AlabamaJack said:
Ziti...nope, was not Ziti...that's what I get for asking the wife to help with a name and I took her word for it...she said it was baked spaghetti and I didn't take time to look...the pasta was standard spaghetti...

AJ Fail....

the dish was spaghetti topped with homemade meat sauce, a sausage on top with a little more meat sauce topped with mozzarella, sprinkled with parmesian, and garnished with mexican oregano flowers...

I know how you feel compadre. mrs. blues is permanently bannished from the kitchen which is just fine with her. She microwaves a bag of popcorn but dirties up 4 pots, 6 plates, 2 bowls, and an entire drawer of silverware doing it. Just the other day she had me make garlic cream sauce for some fettuccine. I said "honey, we don't have any fett.." Then she stuck a box in my face..."oh yeah?..well what is THIS?" "honey, that's linguinne.." "whatever...get cookin' pal...chop chop!!"

Salute! TB.

texas blues said:
blues She microwaves a bag of popcorn but dirties up 4 pots, 6 plates, 2 bowls, and an entire drawer of silverware doing it.
amazing isnt it? then guess who's stuck with the dishes?:shocked:

Man, so much good stuff...

For me, it came down to between Moyboy and TB.

TB's beer/cheese soup with the 'po boy was super killer, but in the end I voted for Moy's as the one I'd most like to eat. I'm a sucka for tipico chipotles. :)

Plus, he's never won a crown yet. ;)

I really wish that you could vote for more than one person (dish) cause there was a couple that I wanted to vote for. Everyone did a great job.

AlabamaJack said:

AJ Fail....

Thanks for explaining....... so it's Spaghetti Western.... :)

Sounds good!

Thanks for the votes all......I gave my neighbour a taste the next day and she ended up taking some of my sausages and making it herself that night....:)

CLOSE THE POLL NOW......:lol:

Worse yet, she took his sausage home to use just by herself...

smilie_x_068.gif

POTAWIE you got my vote. Just looked them all over again. Nice spread! All you need is a toothpick and that's a meal for a king.

moyboy said:
I gave my neighbour a taste the next day and she ended up taking some of my sausages and making it herself that night....:)

wow.

I showed my sausage to my neighbor but she wasn't impressed. Actually, I almost blew a load of my sausage into my neighbor's window.

Oh well.

Good Throwdown!

frydad4 said:
wow.

I showed my sausage to my neighbor but she wasn't impressed. Actually, I almost blew a load of my sausage into my neighbor's window.

Oh well.

Good Throwdown!

That would have been some hilarious Headlines :lol: Flying object busts window turns out to be sausage, more at 11.

Man puts his sausage through neighbor's curtains, woman not impressed by meating... sounds like a headline that would only come out of Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back