• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Pizza Throwdown

Who made the best pizza?

• mjdiamond83 - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__f

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • frydad4 - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__findp

• TheFanMan - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__fin

• texas blues - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__f

• zdecker - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__findp

• WickedMojo - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27343-begin-pizza-throwdown/page__view__fi

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This IS going to be tough vote! Been ruminatin' on this one.

Chile Juju's should be renamed "Juju Peas Pie". <-- No doubt those things are awesome. Have to be similar to the peas we pull out of our Picklese. I just wish the cheese was browned a little bit more.

[sub]Well, this was a toughie. As suspected, I ended up having to look closely at the ingredient lists before making my decision. And although mine was WONDERFUL, I generally won't vote for my own. [/sub]

[sub]PIC 1 - Your pie LOOKED absolutely fantabulous. Unfortunately, my extreme dislike of BP came into play here, especially when I saw an entire 2 Tablespoons of it in the crust alone. If the BP wasn't there in that quantity, you would have taken my vote fo sho. [/sub]

[sub]SummerBoy - Yours was also in my short list of finalists, as I love everything you put on there and you avoided (or at least said you avoided....) BP. The one shortcoming was the steak - I like my beef steak moo-ing, and while pre-grilling them would have added a nice smokiness to them, they really should have just been seared on the outside then allowed to finish cooking on the pizza, IMO. As thin as the steak had to be sliced to be a fit for a pizza, even mine got overdone a bit (for my preference) without pre-cooking. I almost did the same thing, but then stopped myself in time, so I get it.[/sub]

[sub]Scovie - Scovie Scovie Scovie! You probably had some BP, even though it wasn't listed, but I'm woman enough to overlook A BIT of BP. You got my vote![/sub]

Wow, that's enough fantastic pizza recipes to amuse and amaze for a long time. Have a bunch bookmarked to try--Great throwdown!

Voting for PIC 1 "Cornmeal Pizza and Wild Shroom." Teaser pix of the roasting peppers a big plus. Minced garlic in the crust a big plus. Ingredients list and procedures a big plus. Original, elegant, yet simple enough for me to bake. Except I could possibly have a kitchen fire if I try to flambe the mushrooms... :cool:

Honorable mention to MJDiamond for thinking to include a mini garlic mashed potato pie over Idaho. USA, USA, USA....

Thanks JAG! Got a Fatalii slice here waiting for you sir.

Also, thanks to all who voted for me! If you've ever had a real deep dish chicago style pizza, you can understand the EPIC AWESOMENESS that was lovingly HANDCRAFTED FROM SCRATCH by an IL native, and made the only viable choice...

:D

Lawdy lawdy lawdy!!!!!! So much Pizza, so many ingredients.......

Thanks for the votes Peeps! I assure you Geeme, no BP, anywhere near my pie. I would tell you (especially after you voted). Thing is, I usually do put BP in my scrambled eggs/ omelets... not this time. :stop:

Everyone's pizza was awesome, as in I would happily eat, if served! After much inner deliberation, it came down to 3 (it had to be done).
At this level, with so much AWESOMNESS, it litterally came down to one single ingredient... celery.
You had me Buddy, I know it was awesome, and celery goes with wings but I just couldn't picture it. My mouth watered looking at that picture of your pie on that grill.
Texas Blues... dude, :bows head:... If you would have poured Caso somewhere on that pie, I would have figured out a way to for for you twice.

Seth... Sir,...[ahem]... Perfection.

I gotta go with my homey SumBits on this one. No shenanigans (we got our crowns, it's not about that any more!)

When me and Mrs. F were eating it, it sounded dead-wrong.
"Oh man, dude"
"Ahhh, holy crap this is awesome"
"ooooooooooooo"
"I'm gonna get some more"
"Whose your bitch, Sum"
"It just leaked all over my hands"
"I taste scallops!"

He's cooked a lot of great stuff over the years, but this is instant top-3.
Well done, good buddy.
If my wife makes eyes at you, its because of the pizza. Nothing else.

Huh, this one was really difficult. I LOVE simple pizza with out to many toppings on it. It would kill my desire to even try one bite, but that is just me.

@FD- Ha!
We should have recorded the audio... taken some blurry video footage in the dark... and released it to the masses as "In a Hilton in Paris."

Huh, this one was really difficult. I LOVE simple pizza with out to many toppings on it. It would kill my desire to even try one bite, but that is just me.

I agree completely that's why I went with JAG. His was simple with a little twist of dessert it just seemed like a no fuss original. I just am surprised no one else threw in dessert pizza. Less sometimes is more. Not saying it wasn't hard to make, simplicity is better then complexity.

Wow, that's enough fantastic pizza recipes to amuse and amaze for a long time. Have a bunch bookmarked to try--Great throwdown!

Voting for PIC 1 "Cornmeal Pizza and Wild Shroom." Teaser pix of the roasting peppers a big plus. Minced garlic in the crust a big plus. Ingredients list and procedures a big plus. Original, elegant, yet simple enough for me to bake. Except I could possibly have a kitchen fire if I try to flambe the mushrooms... :cool:

Honorable mention to MJDiamond for thinking to include a mini garlic mashed potato pie over Idaho. USA, USA, USA....

+1 the roasting pepper pic made my knees buckle. I loathe mushrooms but still got my vote. First time following a throwdown and I have to give credit to everyone involved. I would kill every entry. Big hand to everyone and now a new fan.

Whoa lots of voting action. Cool!

Mini poll: Right now Scovie is.....
a) Nervously biting his fingernails,
b) Intentionally avoiding looking at the votes,
c) Downing drinks as fast as CJ can make them, or
d) All of the above!

e) editing drunk posts
f) poaching eggs

g) Rotating his avatar.

h) Closing one eye so he doesn't have double vision

i) Spitting up beer as he reads these last few posts about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back