• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! frydad4's Wild Waffle Throwdown

Vote for the best waffle creation.

• geeme - Is Dan The Man?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoeyK - Aus-Espanya Waffle

• wheebz - wheebz giant waffle finger disaster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
You can either base your dish on your custom waffle or create a new dish using a plain waffle. It may be simple or elaborate, sweet or savory.

Examples:
a) If making your own waffle you could make a cornbread waffle with jalapenos and top with pulled pork.
b) If using a pre-made waffle you could create a dish like chicken and waffles but think of something unique.

Rules:
1. You must use a hot pepper ingredient in the recipe.
2. You may make your own waffle (anything goes) or use a pre-made (plain only; no flavors or non-traditional grains).
3. List your ingredients and cooking methods. If using a pre-made waffle, list it as plain waffle.
4. If you make your own waffle it must retain the traditional waffle pattern, but the shape may be altered.
5. The waffle must be kept whole, no deconstructing.
6. This is all about the waffle. Nothing on the side will be judged so do not include. It must be inside, on top, or underneath.
6. Proof of life = .10 in teaser or final pic (teaser preferred).
7. Your entry must be posted by Sunday at 9pm ET.
8. Teaser pics are allowed. ONE final post with entry name, presentation picture, ingredients, and cooking methods is required.

Good luck! No waffling, go for it,

Great job with the rules, THP. Exactly how I imagined it could be!

I hope people go nuts on this one!!!

Have fun, everyone.

FD

Count me out, number 4 disqualifies my entry because even though its a waffle it doesnt have grid pattern, boooooooo #4

do it anyway.
"traditional waffle pattern" is up for discussion.
Such subjective terms are what make all kinds of entries work on this forum!
Anyway, you're SoFlo, so you gotta be in! :)

Let's see what you got, Wicked!!!!!

BTW, it doesn't say "grid" on the rules.

Yes #5 can put a crimp in presentation.
My original plan was to make a waffle, then tear it up to make it part of a bigger dish, so the presentation in and of itself wouldn't have been an issue - just the way in which it would have been used. Glad I changed my mind, but I wonder how many others this might affect.

Well I guess it's time to quit WAFFLIN :rolleyes: and get cookin. Have fun everybody, can't wait to see the pics. Tomorrow night is Fleming's Steak (but I'm a cheap bastard got a $50 coupon in the mail) for the anniversary and then cookin with football on Sunday.

AWWWWwwww, logchief.....no waffles?!???

I'm getting a late start on practice but I feel I need to post this for the benefit of others.

Bloody Mary #1- 5 Pepper mix with Cholulas!!! :woohoo:
ed8280bc.jpg

I thought I'd live it up a little on a Friday night and add a little Peruvian White Habanero puree.

closeup of the mix, still haven't tasted it yet-
9b83c31d.jpg

Mixed it up, took a swig, YUCK! I had added extra Worchestershire and it was not necessary. Also, there was absolutely NO heat! We all tasted the mix and all agreed that there is ZERO heat!

Had to salvage something, so...
Ghost Fire to the rescue!
cd9cd18e.jpg

FINALLY!!! Something semi-drinkable on Friday night.

We're all set for the TD, 'Kid's planning on doing his entry tomorrow.

I'm still wondering what kind of a pattern Mojo has that isn't a waffle pattern. Maybe his waffle iron has round pegs instead of square pegs???

Good Luck Everyone!!! (I'm hungry already!!!)

Yes, it is ;)

Hell yeah, I'm in. Just gonna take the wife out for a filet and lob tomorrow for our anniversary :lol:

WOOHOO! glad to hear it...about both things!

Hope you both have an absolutely wonderful anniversary dinner. Sub some Dungeness Crab for the lobster if possible. ;)

Just got a little worried there, LC, as there was the anniversary thing and then football...it was sounding like "excuse, excuse".

see you back in the fray later. :cheers: M8!

well thanks to THP's example text. I wont be smoking pork and making sammiches tomorrow like I had planned, JayT will vouch for that idea

time to do something else

grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back