misc Vote for RocketMan's Newest Sauce Name

These are just some sample labels and may not resemble the final one.

IronHorse.jpg

WarHorsejpg.jpg

COF.jpg

HorsinAroundjpg.jpg

TrojanHorsejpg.jpg

FireSteedjpg.jpg

Routinjpg.jpg

HorseFirejpg.jpg

If you like any of the labels let me know also if you think of a tag line. I'm going to leave the voting open till 9:00 PM Tuesday.

Cheers, RM

RM, what's the font you used on 4 of the work-ups?

Ingredients please?

RocketMan's Original Iron Horse Hot Sauce - YES
RocketMan's Original War Horse Hot Sauce - YES
RocketMan's Original Chariot Of Fire Hot Sauce - NO
RocketMan's Original Horsin Around Hot Sauce - HELL NO
RocketMan's Original Trojan Horse Hot Sauce - NOPE Trojan = condoms, bad connotation
RocketMan's Original Fire Steed Hot Sauce - NO
RocketMan's Original Rootin Tootin Horsey Hot Sauce - LOL HELL NO
RocketMan's Original Horse Fire Hot Sauce - NAH

"Fire Horse" would sound much better than "Horse Fire" that sounds like a bunch of horses burned up.

Are you taking suggestions?

Mustang, Stallion, there are many horse terms that can work...

RM, what's the font you used on 4 of the work-ups?

Harlow Solid Italic all of the sample labels were done in PowerPoint 2007

So what's in this hot sauce?

Ingredients will be posted when I get finished with making the sauce and get a few pics taken

"Fire Horse" would sound much better than "Horse Fire" that sounds like a bunch of horses burned up.

Are you taking suggestions?

Mustang, Stallion, there are many horse terms that can work...

Yeah, I see what you mean. I like it better as Fire Horse. I had a little guess the contents contest the other night in the Hot Sauce Making forum and also for a name suggestion I had the above listed names given and thought I'd poll it and see what the community thought was the best name. Chile Juju guess the ingredients and and the supplier of the chosen name along with CJ will recieve 2 bottles of sauce. Yeah I agree there are alot of them that would work. Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
RM

What about...

IMMORTAL HORSE
As legend goes, the Hippoi Athanatoi were the immortal horses of the Gods. The majority of these divine steeds were offspring of the four Wind-Gods who themselves were said to draw the chariot of Zeus in the shape of horses. This hot sauce bottles the spirit of the immortal horses with a never-ending burn; hence, immortal.

Logo: Fire horses pulling the chariot.

What about...

IMMORTAL HORSE
As legend goes, the Hippoi Athanatoi were the immortal horses of the Gods. The majority of these divine steeds were offspring of the four Wind-Gods who themselves were said to draw the chariot of Zeus in the shape of horses. This hot sauce bottles the spirit of the immortal horses with a never-ending burn; hence, immortal.

Damn Boss, that's cool, I like it

These are just some sample labels and may not resemble the final one.

HorsinAroundjpg.jpg

TrojanHorsejpg.jpg

If you like any of the labels let me know also if you think of a tag line. I'm going to leave the voting open till 9:00 PM Tuesday.

Cheers, RM

These are my 2 are my favorite themes - I especially like the Trojan Horse if your sauce starts mellow then builds up until it blasts your face off.

Otherwise I really like the 1st image of the flaming horse - I just don't think "horsin' around" fits that image. Trying to think of something but that's my knee-jerk reaction. :cheers:

What about...

IMMORTAL HORSE

this is a cool idea. spoken like a true heavy metal fan too. I could totally see Iron Maiden doing a theme album around this. They'd find a way to work in Eddie. :D

These are my 2 are my favorite themes - I especially like the Trojan Horse if your sauce starts mellow then builds up until it blasts your face off.

Otherwise I really like the 1st image of the flaming horse - I just don't think "horsin' around" fits that image. Trying to think of something but that's my knee-jerk reaction. :cheers:

Yeah, they're all stock free pics I found on the internet. When I googled Fire Steed and Horse Fire I found a ton of them. The hard part was actually narrowing them down to only a few to select the one I wanted to use. Of course if I were to actually start doing thei professionally I'd have to recreate all of my labels or back track to where I found them and work through all the legal stuff.

I made the sauce last night and wil be post it in the other thread in the Hot Sauce thread today. As you can imagine if you saw that root there's alot of Horse radish in it. So it doesn't really start off mild and build. It starts, well it did last night, with in your face Horseradish and then settles into the Green Habs. I can tell that I need to use more Habs next time. I wanted more pepper heat after the initial burn and it wasn't quite there.

Cheers,
RM

I also like the train, but it doesn't scream "hot sauce" to me.

what about a demonic train with flaming wheels? Like a train in similar style to the flaming horse pics?

That's be neat.
:woohoo:

(yeah, I said "neat" - you wanna make something of it?)

:D

RM, don't trust the Internet to tell you an image is free to use do your research. Most royalty-free images have a usage fee. Also if you just grabbed them from the net they are most likely not printable. They are web images.

The best way is a written contract from the author of the image, or search creativrecommons.org for true "attribution-only" images. Meaning all you do is attribute the author. But google images is filled with people using people's using people's images calling them free.

RM, I don't like any of them.

Your name is ROCKETMAN but you're going with a train and horse related images.

It just looks odd to me and confusing.

Why not a rocket?

You've seen video of the Space Shuttle launches right?

What says "bringing the heat" more than the ignition of a Space Shuttle or booster rocket?

Even if its a horseradish style sauce, the "horse" name and icon for such things has been done a bazillion times already.

Just my dos centavos.

Agreed.

Rocket Fuel is 10 times better than the horse ones. Lots of heat, fire names.

Back