• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Beef

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
10410177_10201947541514530_1270921998555291675_n.jpg

I know wny I voted for SOS, his felt like a burger style bifana sandie on steriods. Have been craving a bifana for a couple weeks since last visit to the portuguese grocery .  had a chorizo and cheese roll from portuguese bakery yesterday but that didn't help the craving much.  The custard tart(pastel de nata) I had for dessert should keep me happy for a bit though. I am really digging on the Portuguese flavours lately.

D3monic said:
Why do I keep getting dragged into this shit...
Like i'm a bad guy for trying or something
Absolutely not a bad guy, I wish I could have thought of something so epic!!! definitely gave me some inspiration!
My reference was just with the overall voting there is no doubt in my mind that you should sweep it! So the mercy rule 
thing was just a joke.....well kind of, the next round could use it  :cheers:

D3 and tctenten's burgers are both quite outstanding for me ...

They're both beautiful to me, and excellent examples within their categories ...

Also, I can't tell you how many times over the past year, after making a double, whopper-style (extra bread), or triple that I've said to Danielle that I should have just had a pair of separate burgers ...

I'll have to concentrate a bit on deciding between those two, in all honesty ...

yeah Grant I see what youre saying and 10's burger is seriously delicious looking with those onion straws, but the cheese curds had me sold. so much in fact I am planning to make my own and give it a go.

http://www.cheesemaking.com/Recipe_CheeseCurds.html

I just placed an order for the calcium chloride, rennet, and thermophilic.

salsalady said:
I wonder if SoS has any fingernails left?  :lol:  Man, that's a close race, and it's been going for a week!  58 Votes so far! 

still anyones game, especially since it goes until what, monday at 2100. speaking of fingernails, i do need to clip them they are getting a bit too long  :lol:

it has been one hell of a match up! :cheers:

Goodness. I'm glad I was out of town the past few days, and double-glad I skipped to the last page after reading only part of the page where I last left off. If it's not already been decided, I'd suggest not having a week-long voting period ever again. At least things have lightened up a bit now.

There were some awesome burgers made in this TD. Someone's entry being awesome does not detract from the awesomeness of the others; they were all awesome. Every last one of them was fantastic. That's all there is to it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back