• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2024 glog

1708544824490.jpg

Let's play. I will not grow much more peppers this season than last one, but it's going to be fun like always :) Let's hope for a decent grow. Last year was pretty good even with just 10 main plants - mostly habaneros. They are my favorite and they will play the main part in this season grow also.

Current status: (sowed two weeks ago)
1708544824509.jpg

Most of them sprouted and soon they will need to be transplanted in solo pots.

Annums:
- Cherry bomb
- Pimienta (PLM)
- Kapija (paprika)
- another red bell pepper variety

Chinenses:
- Aji Jobito
- Purple Thunder
- Scotch Bonnet Papa Dreadie
- Scotch Bonnet Papa Joe's
- Scotch Bonnet MoA (from 2021 - hoping for some sprouts)
- Fatalii
- Red Savina Habanero
- Calita Red Habanero
- Chocolate Habanero (one pot with older seeds still no sprouts, the other one from last year's seeds very much alive)

Good luck this season, Uros! I appreciate your dedication
to the superhot varieties. Really looking forward to seeing
some great results from your grow this Fall!

Last edited:
No sense messing around germinating just a couple seeds. Just throw a handful in there and get this party started! :clap::dance::metal:

I like the way you roll @tsurrie, lol. Best of luck this season!

Last edited:
Right on, have a great growing season..
Thank you.

Looking healthy & happy, great choice of varieties.
The plan is too keep 'em that way, just bigger...

Good luck this season, Uros! I appreciate your dedication
to the superhot varieties. Really looking forward to seeing
some great results from your grow this Fall!
Thank you Paul. Dedication to habanero heat level - what is hotter is too much for regular consumption, what is milder is a bit dull --- and I like that classic habanero flavour the most.

wow looking good Uros - damn I better get a wiggle on :lol:
Thank you. Wiggle on then, there's still some time left to start the season properly.

No sense messing around germinating just a couple seeds. Just throw a handful in there and get this party started! :clap::dance::metal:

I like the way you roll @tsurrie, lol. Best of luck this season!
Thank you. Yes, but a pinch maybe, not a handful :rofl:
Usually I put some more in the dirt if I have enough, just to be sure. But there must be some left on stock if the first round fails to germinate.

All the seedlings are stalled so I decided to replace the soil in all the pots :banghead:
Hoping they can recover further on.
Currently it looks like this season is going to be the worst so far - if they don't recover I will certainly buy a few from the nursery.
There is still hope I guess :rolleyes:

Good luck getting that squared away, Uros...

Back