• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Todays Meager Harvest

Sounds great Tom. BTW, don't worry too much about missing a photo opt. I have had several harvests that I just didn't have time to photograph. The important thing is that you are getting some good harvests. :)

nice Tom...I don't know how I missed this thread a couple of days ago...and the Fataliis WILL lite you up...

Are You love the Fatalli now..Great pepper isn't it tom..Has your mouth and your stomach recovered? :lol:
surprised-033.gif

talas said:
Are You love the Fatalli now..Great pepper isn't it tom..Has your mouth and your stomach recovered? :lol:
surprised-033.gif

not sure I love it after the night I had :lol: but I do
love its flavor!!! oh I was just out checking the plants
I have my 1st Naga ripening :)

Skyjerk said:
Not THAT much more. I think your expectation of 2 more months might be overly optimistic. Your night time temps are averaging low to mid 50's dipping into the upper 40's. Unless your location is not actually south eastern Michigan.

I'd call it a month maybe, unless you grow indoors or are planning to bring those babies inside. If not your nights are gonna be solidly in the 40's in just a few weeks and while that wont kill them, its gonna slow then down a lot. One or two frosts and yer all done.

Do the lakes keep the temp from dropping as quickly as elsewhere?
I'm planning on bringing mine in probably the first week of Oct. It got into the upper 40's last night (46 here actually) and I won't chance to much. I remember opening day of bow season a few years ago on the first of Oct and sure enough we got some snow flurries that day. My plants are still producing, but the growth is already slowing down. As long as there's no threat of frost they are staying out. With a threat of frost though. They are coming into the growlights.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
not sure I love it after the night I had :lol: but I do
love its flavor!!! oh I was just out checking the plants
I have my 1st Naga ripening :)

I'm still waiting on my Naga's. From my timing I'm thinking the last weekend of Sept I'll get some ripe ones. Ya gotta let me know what ya think of the Naga since you'll be eating one sooner than me;):D

rabbit said:
I'm still waiting on my Naga's. From my timing I'm thinking the last weekend of Sept I'll get some ripe ones. Ya gotta let me know what ya think of the Naga since you'll be eating one sooner than me;):D

Rabbit,Do you actually expect me to eat 1??? :lol::lol:

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Rabbit,Do you actually expect me to eat 1??? :lol::lol:
.........of course that's what they are for aren't they? Ok, either you mean you'll be so addicted it will be more than one, or you're using it for sauces. Most of mine I plan on using for sauces, salsas, and powders. Ya still gotta let me know how the flavor is though:P:cool:

rabbit said:
.........of course that's what they are for aren't they? Ok, either you mean you'll be so addicted it will be more than one, or you're using it for sauces. Most of mine I plan on using for sauces, salsas, and powders. Ya still gotta let me know how the flavor is though:P:cool:

Sure Rabbit,I will let you know how god aweful the burn is.....
errr I mean what the flavor is like!!!:lol:I do actually plan
on taking a small (and I do mean small) piece and taste it.
But mostly sauces spices powders with this 1:lol:

whocares said:
Have a nice day, talas ! Don't eat too much or you'll regret it this evening ! ;)

Nope was a good boy and made a Plumb crumble (well 5 actually) when i got back and didn't et a chance to eat anything till yesterday as i put them in the freezer :)

the other night it got down to 38F (well that was the temp when I woke up might of got colder dont know) there was a slight frost here, & the frost warnings were for 150 miles north of me. glad I covered plants (garden) & moved plants (containers)

we always get these fluke frosts (spring & fall) & then back to warmer temps

Rabbit I tried the Naga I picked the ripe 1 (got another turning:)) cut it open for the seeds and dehydrated it but I
took a small piece minus placenta(I a wuss:lol:) It
was a bit sweet and fruity then HOT but I was suprised
that it didnt drop me to my knees but it had a longgggggg burnnnnnnnnnnn :)

Back