overwintering Tips for moving ghosts inside for the winter?

Hey all, just found this forum! Wish I had known you guys were here before this growing season. But I've done ok without ya :dance:

So...this year I've grown several plants of jalapeno, chinese 5 color, ghost, and scorpion. Some in the ground in my garden, and others on the porch in 5 gallon buckets. They've all done relatively well for first year plants. I do not have a green house and in fact, we're a family of 5 in the Smoky Mountains in a double wide, so I don't have a ton of space (um...any space). That said, I'd love to winter 2 choice plants inside if possible. I have a buffet table that sits next to the window, and on our ridge here, we get tons of sun, even in the winter, and the house really warms up. But...I don't know if it will be warm enough.

What kind of inside temps will be required to keep it alive...how about for production (the idea would not only be getting peppers, but having a viable plant ready to produce as soon as temps warm enough next spring).

Never tried to do this before, so any help you could provide would be extremely appreciated!

I have maybe 3'-4' x 4' of overwi tering space in my basement. Temps get down pretty low (40's-50's) in the worst of Cincinnati weathers but I have yet to lose a plant.
I'll cut half a dozen or more back and let a few go as bonchis.
This past year I bet 7-9 of the bonchi sized ones went back in the ground to grow back as reg sized plants.
Good luck withem!

I kept 20 plants last winter. Just prune the hell out of them and put them in your basement.. I used a bank of 4 t8 shop lights on a timer running 10 hours a day. Just be sure to hose them off real good and keep an eye out for pests. I had a massive aphid war all winter.. Had to release 7000+ ladybugs but all but one pulled through.

Back