• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Time lapse video - putting out some peppers in outdoor quasi-hydroponics setup

Finally got out a whole mess of my pepper seedling. About 250-300 are going to go out this year. Today were some ChocoHabs, Bhut Jolokias, Bih Jolokias, Red Savinas, Serranos, Three types of Scorpions, 7-Pots and a couple other random varieties.

This technique works pretty darn well and I really scaled it up this year. Hopefully all will go well. Tubes are a tightly-woven polypropylene stuffed with a mix that has Coir, perlite, 'designer' zeolite, peat, specific lime, shake of vermiculite and a couple other "secret ingredients". Drip tape is either embedded in the tube or zip tied above the tube. Upstream is a nutrient injector that runs off a solar sensor and runs through a solid state controller. Nutrients are homemade, based off of LeChatelier's formula.

A big bonus is I don't have to worry about weeding since seeds can't germinate on the outside of the tubes. The tubes are strong enough so that I just walk up and down them with a weed wacker every once in a while and that is it!

Best part of it is that I can adjust the moisture in the root zone so when these home down the home stretch, I can run 25%-35% moisture content consistently and I've found it REALLY turns the heat on for all varieties.

Should be some insane yields this year. Got my fingers crossed!

PHP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31trLDcycXg

Anyone know how to get the video to embed??

The link to youtube is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=31trLDcycXg

Back