• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Thoughts about a greenhouse

POTAWIE said:
A few things to consider too, I spent a lot more on my insulated chimney pipe than I did on my woodstove, and having a woodstove could be an insurance concern especially if you're setup as a business.

do you find the heat a wood stove gives out is hard to control what kind of area are you heating i have one in a small green house and it goes very very hot but burns for hours on end

My woostove is ineffecient for heating my whole greenhouse but I section it off in the spring so I only have to heat a portion of it. My next greenhouse I hope to have in-ground heating but that plan might take a few years:)

POTAWIE said:
My woostove is ineffecient for heating my whole greenhouse but I section it off in the spring so I only have to heat a portion of it. My next greenhouse I hope to have in-ground heating but that plan might take a few years:)

ohh realy how would the ground heating work a gas boiler or do you mean a heat pump as in takeing the heat from the ground

POTAWIE said:
Hopefully I'll have a wood heated boiler pumping glycol through buried lines in the ground.
Jukka at Fatalii.net has some really great heating ideas
http://www.fatalii.net/chile/?u=g&c=journal

yeh that will work well, i think im going to build another green house this year but i think i will just make it easy and put a stove in the middle of it, i will not be useing gas or eletric any way

Back