smokers This years new barrel smoker

I figured while I had some good batteries in my camera id post a pic of my new smoker sitting in front of my workshop..Ive smoked with it a few times and grilled alot with it aswell..I have to take it back apart and seal it up a bit better and make 1 new rack bar for the front(for some reason it doesnt fit properly but over all very decent grill space and the bigger firepot is easier to controll heat with I find anyways..

102_2376.jpg

millworkman said:
I sure hope you did not take that picture today.

Sorry guy yeah it was taken today Its gone from +19 to 0 and this frigging white stuff... Im shure ill be smoking by the weekend if the rain thing isnt true(I hope not)

I like the looks of that smoker, especially for something bought in Canada. Did you get it at Lowes, or somewhere else? Its going on my wish list

Instead of editing ill postwhore lol I dont get it Ive been trying to get an upright propane smoker since January and since I live in canada its seasonal and still cant get one..I can get electric ...no the way hydro is jumping up and now with the new harmony tax to go on top of all our taxes now thats just out of the question..I was considering charcoal but I want my upright to be propane..Turn it on and walk away(for the bigger jobs)Just my thoughts

Canuck Pepperhead said:
I bought it at the local TSC in Cornwall Here is the addy
http://www.tscstores.com/stage/mainhome.php#loadFG_600168
If anything when assembling get some sealent for the barrels they come in halves besides that not too bad I do have some custom mods ill be doing to mine in the future to suit my needs..Oh and WOOT!!!!! that white crap is all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
For sealant for smokers I recommend http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandID=7&SubcatID=2.
It goes on like caulk, and hardens to a fire-rated cement. I sealed mine up with it. Basically any two surfaces you are bolting together hit it with some. Even put it where the bolt holes are under the bolt or washer. This stuff rocks. You will not see smoke leaking from anywhere. It's also cheap, around $3-4.

I have an upright propane unit from Canadian tire and I pretty much hate it. Its very tricky to get a balance between good smoke and a proper temperature, and it takes forever sometimes to start smoking. I too bought it so I could just walk away but it hasn't turned out to be that easy:(

Canuck Pepperhead said:
I figured while I had some good batteries in my camera id post a pic of my new smoker sitting in front of my workshop..Ive smoked with it a few times and grilled alot with it aswell..I have to take it back apart and seal it up a bit better and make 1 new rack bar for the front(for some reason it doesnt fit properly but over all very decent grill space and the bigger firepot is easier to controll heat with I find anyways..

102_2376.jpg

I can dig it! In Alaska we grilled and smoke all year long.....even in that white stuff!

Canuck Pepperhead said:
I bought it at the local TSC in Cornwall Here is the addy
http://www.tscstores.com/stage/mainhome.php#loadFG_600168
If anything when assembling get some sealent for the barrels they come in halves besides that not too bad I do have some custom mods ill be doing to mine in the future to suit my needs..Oh and WOOT!!!!! that white crap is all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I can't seem to get the link to work but I'm definitely interested in buying and moding one of those.
As for an unright smoker, I'm planning a new UDS project soon. I'm currently looking for suitable grills and a better barrel with a lid

Back