• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

this is terrible...

I've hired a kick ass personal trainer. I need to lose about 20 lbs so I can look amazing in my bridesmaid dress for my bro's wedding. She is tracking my food...and told me I need to eliminate wings from my diet. *cries* I can still do skinless drumsticks with buffalo sauce which I make from time to time, but I can't do actual wings with skin. I ate at BWW today like I do several times a month and got the Naked Tenders with blazin sauce. It's just not the same. I figured if anyone can understand my pain you guys would!!

I've hired a kick ass personal trainer. I need to lose about 20 lbs so I can look amazing in my bridesmaid dress for my bro's wedding. She is tracking my food...and told me I need to eliminate wings from my diet. *cries* I can still do skinless drumsticks with buffalo sauce which I make from time to time, but I can't do actual wings with skin. I ate at BWW today like I do several times a month and got the Naked Tenders with blazin sauce. It's just not the same. I figured if anyone can understand my pain you guys would!!

The capsaicin in spicy food will boost your metabolism and cancel out all the extra fat and calories. Eat all you want. :lol:

The wedding is in May. My trainer has actually increased my caloric intake but has me eating a totally different diet. While I'm her client I'm gonna do as she says, because I'm paying her big money to work me over hard. Maybe after the wedding I'll splurge on real wings again.

Here's what I did, go out and get virgin coconut oil, take a teaspoon at 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm, 5:00pm. every day.
buy virgin coconut oil, you can use extra virgin coconut oil, but it is impossible to make, if the bottle says coconut oil or refined coconut oil, don't by it.
weight will literally drop of your body.

theres nothing wrong with making hot wings using chicken legs instead of wings, it still tastes like chicken w/more meat & less fat than wings. I only use legs now.

Is that 20lbs of body fat or 20 lbs of body weight?

Water/fluids are easy... fat not so much :eek:

Boneless baked chicken breast are a bodybuilding staple. Lose the skin, lose the sat. fat.

Like I said, I don't mind using drumsticks...but there's just something so satisfying about eating wings for me. I'm sure it's a mental thing.

I got really burned out on chicken breasts a few years ago and rarely make it at home now. I do get it occasionally when I go out, like the naked tenders yesterday.

Do your 'thang girl. Once the weight starts coming off and you see results you'll become addicted and won't miss the wings as much. After losing 30 pounds, I don't miss a 'thang.

Like I said, I don't mind using drumsticks...but there's just something so satisfying about eating wings for me. I'm sure it's a mental thing.

I got really burned out on chicken breasts a few years ago and rarely make it at home now. I do get it occasionally when I go out, like the naked tenders yesterday.

It's not all in your head. You'll often hear people say the "buffalo tender" just isn't the same as the wing. It's because the sauce lacks that one special ingredient that the wing adds when they are combined.. Chicken fat. The wing has a lot of skin so it also has a lot of fat, which is also the reason why you were told to lay off them. Toning back the butter that's in the buffalo sauce and adding a small amount of chicken fat to it in it's place can make a world of difference for the sauces flavor. If you're adding it to a skinless item. And it shouldn't add more calories.

Oh yes IMO you should stick with the trainer. That is one of best ways to loose weight.

Thanks tb and qatz. Yeah i feel I really need to stick with my trainer. I'm paying her a ton, and she's excellent at what she does. I want to make her proud. And of course I can't wait to look smokin hot!

Like TB said, once you get into it and start seeing results you'll be addicted. I've lost 30 pounds-ish since July and have kept it off. I started a new Spartacus training program just to switch things up. The thing is, though, diet is a big part of it. I was on a low calorie diet filled with whole grains, veggies, and lean meat. The next two months will be a low carb, high protein diet. I guess in my rant I'm just saying that switching it up and doing new and different things does wonders. One thing to always keep in mind. It isn't always about what you see in the mirror. It's about the little things that help. "Hey did these pants use to be this loose?" Stuff like that. Eventually you will be at what you want. THen reap all the benefits of your new look. :) Hope this helps a bit.

PS-----The first 3 months is when you'll see the most drastic results. So don't be discouraged if you feel like you've plateaued after that. Just give er hell and keep it up.

20lbs is not a lot to lose unless you're already quite fit.
I lost around 8kg in 10 weeks doing Body For Life a couple years ago.

Nov 2009 I weighed 81kg now I'm down to 67kg Although now I workout between 3 and 6 days a week.
It's possible to lose weight fast but it's much better for long term health if you make it part of your lifestyle.

When doing BFL I restricted my diet ate extremely healthy and ate around 6 small meals a day.
Now I eat whatever I like and I'm only 2kg heavier than I was when I was 17 :)

In our house, we make "chicken nuggets" by cutting up chicken breast into bitesize chunks. use olive oil and add spice & herbs to taste (I love tarragon and pepper dust) until they start to turn golden brown....cook it hard. When they get that far, shake some bread crumbs into the pan to coat the chicken...you may have to work the pan to tumble it all around. Maybe your wing sauce would go good with that??

I like getting good quality super thin cut chicken breasts (organic if possible) and grilling them on my outdoor grill. Then cutting them into bite-sized pieces & tossing with a good wing sauce. The thin breasts really make a big difference in taste to me, lots more surface area for the sauce & good smoked grilled flavor. Thick breasts just have too much unflavored "white" meat inside them.

Back