• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests The SWARM of tiny dark bugs on my garlic/onions

Okay, I know they're not chillis.
I had my garlic which, albeit, was not performing well apparently succumb to a swarm of dark brown insects that literally coat the whole f**king plant.
They could be aphids - they drop to the dirt with any confrontation and when I squash hundreds of them it's like red wine on my fingers.
Now they're on my Spanish onions which are more or less ready.
What are they? What do I do?
Should I just harvest tomorrow and hose them off and leave them to dry?

a quick google search and it appears you may have onion thrips. seems like neems in order.

http://www.greenthumbarticles.com/article/How-to-Kill-Thrips-a2700.html

good luck.

Mmm cud be sheep related ;) had to be done bro, pull em hose em eat them and ditch the soil of nuke it neem
DDAF47F5-5E3E-4061-BB63-435FC6125C60-2202-000003A9F397E4EB.jpg

Just made my own blend morugaaaaaaaaa garlic garlic and garlic and the rest goes to the grave

hey mate they are 100% black aphids I had them last year they had the same red wine colour when squished I used a scale gun which I had in the shed which killed them of quick, you could give neem oil a crack but yea anything that kills aphids quickly

Sans pics, my thought is that I've not seen aphids "[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]drop to the dirt with any confrontation[/background]", so I'm not sold that they're aphids. I more agree with Mark on the thrips. But again, no pics, so who really knows? Regardless, especially with swarms of them, I also agree - neem is in order.

Back