• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies The new fast & the furious movie?

PhatManDerek said:
I wouldn't know know but it would have to have a 350 small block and a duel carbs "Real carbs not that throttle body s888"

WHAT? Why on earth would you take a Pontiac BIG BLOCK and replace it with a p.o.s. SMALL block chevy engine?

FiveSix said:
Tokyo drift was pretty cheesy, but it was cool to see Japan. Haven't seen enough previews of the new one, but I think Vin Diesel made the franchise famous and he will be the best bet on getting a resurgence in it's popularity

My son loved that film, 12 year olds eh?

1968 CHEVELLE SS 396. End of story.

I once was in one doing about 147...scary sh1t that is.
Esp, when there's still a gear left....
surprised-013.GIF

The car was pro-built in TX for runnng drugs across the border...faster than the swift judgement of god.

We had to take out and fill in the sunroof some azz had installed (!), and massivly change the drive train.

Un-jacked the backend to normal. Stoopid auto trans went out, Muncie "Rock Crusher" & Hurst stuff went in. Dialed back the insane gearage...was so high a 500hp car coudl barely burn tires.

Oh, guy who had it worked at a paint and body shop..color went back to close-to-stock Light Blue Metallic.

When it was done, I coulda bought it for $3000 at the time if I'd had the cash..and yes, numbers matched.

Wish I has that beauty now...

rainbowberry said:
My son loved that film, 12 year olds eh?
lol Rainy

QuadShotz said:
CHEVELLE SS 396. End of story.

Esp, when there's a gear left....(car was pro-built in TX for runnng drugs across the border..we had to take out the sunroof some azz had installed (!), and massivly change the drive train.

Un-jacked the backend to normal. Stoopid auto trans went out, Muncie M22 "Rock Crusher" & Hurst stuff went in. Dialed back the insane gearage...was so high a 500hp car coudl barely burn tires.

Oh, guy who had it worked at a paint and body shop..color went back to a nice powder blue.

When it was done, I coulda bought it for $3000 at the time if I'd had the cash..and yes, numbers matched.

Oh man, Sorry to hear about that bro, I've been in similar situations but with camera's and such.

QuadShotz said:
CHEVELLE SS 396. End of story.

Esp, when there's a gear left....

The car was pro-built in TX for runnng drugs across the border...faster than the swift judgement of god.

We had to take out and fill in the sunroof some azz had installed (!), and massivly change the drive train.

Un-jacked the backend to normal. Stoopid auto trans went out, Muncie "Rock Crusher" & Hurst stuff went in. Dialed back the insane gearage...was so high a 500hp car coudl barely burn tires.

Oh, guy who had it worked at a paint and body shop..color went back to a nice powder blue.

Jeez....everybody's got a story like that. I'd absolutely KILL to get my 72 Formula 455 Firebird back....

71' Hemi Cuda. that is all.

Bah, 1969 Camaro SS w/ the 454 would eat it for lunch. :D

That's the other time I've gone over 145..irony is, that one was painted the same evil MoPar orange. ;)

QuadShotz said:
Bah, 1969 Camaro SS w/ the 454 would eat it for lunch. :D

That's the other time I've gone over 145..irony is, that one was painted the same evil MoPar orange. ;)

Except a 69 Camaro never came with a 454, dude. The 454 was introduced in 1970. The biggest you could get in a 69(IF you knew the proper channels to go through) was a 427

Hmm, alrite...they both look about the same so I'm prolly wrong on the year. All I know was it was loud, fast and evilly Orange

My father-in-law bought a 67 GTO brand new. Traded it in for a 71 Judge then sold it to get married. Currently he owns a 69 Firebird convertible and is trying to find his way back to the GTO.

millworkman said:
My father-in-law bought a 67 GTO brand new. Traded it in for a 71 Judge then sold it to get married. Currently he owns a 69 Firebird convertible and is trying to find his way back to the GTO.
Dude, That just sounded like my uncle Dave, It's the exact same situation but his wife sold it.

I was going to post something capping on Paul Walker's acting then got distracted by thinking about hot japanese chicks in Tokoyo Drift. Can someone break down the numbers for me here? what's the percentage of hot chicks versus really bad movie?

Back