• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

the heat is on, you can't go wrong, so many variations you'll go bonkers

In a pot heat a can of drained black beans with tomato sauce, Guy Fieri's 7 pepper salsa, Ashanti Louisiana hot sauce, basil, ginger, celery salt, cayenne powder, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash.

Dice carrots, onions, yellow pepper, tomatoes and jalapenos. Saute starting with carrots until desired doneness.

Add everything together, stir, enjoy. Despite the various heat sources and amount this only gave me a front of the tongue burn. Tweak the brands and types of ingredients ... to your liking.

is this suppose to be eaten like a soup, thick soup or a stew? (trying to gauge the liquid consistency)

whenever, i see tomatoes in a recipe i am immediately drawn to celery or green pepper, perhaps it's my italian heritage. the ginger should help with those that haven't built a tolerance to beans.

it is -30C outside right now and i need some heat and this baby looks like it may do the trick.

Although my tag under the title says stew it depends on what and how much of the ingredients you put in, this version was closest to stew.

ah, the old "stew in the tag trick", missed it, sorry. when i read the ingredient list i kind of envisioned a thick soup.

the recipe does have a lot various heat sources, i bet the tomato sauce acts like a catalyst and magnifies the heat value.

Back