• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Heat, How To Prepare?

Well From What I See, Southern California is Gana Get Over 100° this Whole Week All The Way To 106°, & I Know that Ain't Good For My Pepper Plants Specially the Ones in Pots, Ive Been Lagging it On The Cloth Sheets to Lower the Temps but Is There a Way To Keep em Fresh all Week? Any Tips
4b6bd934.jpg

Been that hot off and on, mostly on, for over a month coupled with a drout in So IN. I moved my potted plants into some heavy shade under a big tree. They had sun till about 9:30 or ten then for about an hour before sunset. I also watered daily as needed. Even with all this I lost a lot of flowers and a couple pods. They're blasting pods now. As far as the inground, My water bill has never been Higher.

Mine are in black potted pots and it stayed like 95-105 for a week, i just had to water a lot more often, they didn't die and now one of my plants has 30 pods on it so.

Forgot to mention they were in 8hours of full sun

Set them where they are shaded from evening sun. If that's not enough, also shade from afternoon sun. Keep further limiting how late in the day they get direct sun until they can handle it.

Its 101 here in riverside now, i moved my plants under a tree they get some sun but not too much, im just gonna leave them there for this week.

Been that hot off and on, mostly on, for over a month coupled with a drout in So IN. I moved my potted plants into some heavy shade under a big tree. They had sun till about 9:30 or ten then for about an hour before sunset. I also watered daily as needed. Even with all this I lost a lot of flowers and a couple pods. They're blasting pods now. As far as the inground, My water bill has never been Higher.
Im in the same situation as you are here in Central Illinois, I planted my plants this year in close proximity to each other in the garden mainly to lessen sun scald but it also seems to help with holding moisture in the ground. I water about every 3rd day or so and the plants are thriving despite the Death Valley like conditions.

Well I Lost a few Leaves and Few Pods, They Just Turned into like Wet Paper, some just Fell off, The Plants are Doing Ok but Today wasnt as Hot as Its Going to Get, I Have No Tree nor Shade to Give em, Just Other Pepper Plants to Shade each Other, They were all Very Dry after Work and thats after I gave them a Good soaking in the Morning

Back