• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TC'S smokin' WSM adventures

Today's brisket was better, got a better smoke ring too. Yesterday's brisket was bought from a supermarket, today's I had ordered from a local butcher.....maybe it was just better meat. Ribs were pretty consistent between the two days.

My wife and daughter are in NYC at a dance workshop, so I figured I would smoke some stuff and process some peppers as well.  The chicken was marinated in the last of my jerk sauce from Buddy and the beef short rib was rubbed with some leftover spice rub I had.   They were smoked over cherry and pecan wood.

IMG_5536.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

I also used my free time to make some jams.  Peach, raspberry and strawberry all from local farms here in NJ…earning the Garden State nickname.  Clearly these were not made on the WSM.  

IMG_5524.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5532.JPG

tctenten said:
My wife and daughter are in NYC at a dance workshop, so I figured I would smoke some stuff and process some peppers as well.  The chicken was marinated in the last of my jerk sauce from Buddy and the beef short rib was rubbed with some leftover spice rub I had.   They were smoked over cherry and pecan wood.

attachicon.gif
IMG_5536.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5544.JPG

I also used my free time to make some jams.  Peach, raspberry and strawberry all from local farms here in NJ…earning the Garden State nickname.  Clearly these were not made on the WSM.  

attachicon.gif
IMG_5524.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5529.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5532.JPG

Been busy there Terry, they look delicious.  I have been busily clearing the fridge of sauce bottles to get stuck into the one's you sent through - Your lemon ghost sauce has a date with a steak this weekend. 

The plum mystery wine sauce is most-excellent ...

I had to go back and make another round just to have some more ...

When I opened it last night, I had to change up my plans real quick and get some feta out - in a good way ...

tctenten said:
Cool. Glad you liked it. Still figuring out what fruit I like best in the sauces. I thought the Siracusa style one turned out pretty good.

This one's the 1st I've opened so far, well, since the jelly ... I recalled you mentioned it specifically when you sent them ...

It's really good. Sits in a place where it has a lot of flavor, but doesn't ruin anything for being too much ...

I will use it a bunch of way, like I like ...

Hope you log your recipes, because I could imagine wanting more of that one!

:cheers:

image.jpeg

I took advantage of the warm temps here in the northeast and decided to smoke some stuff for the upcoming week. First up is a pork loin, first tume smoking one and it came out pretty good. Next time I will probably take it off at 160 instead of 165f.

I got a igrill2 for christmas.... It works great... Very happy with the purchase.

Back