• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Sunday Vittles

I know it's Friday, dammit.

You can't rush ART...

20200131_130935.jpg

7 lbs.

PtMD989 said:
What time do ya want us there, eh. [emoji16]

You'd never make it in time.... :drunk:

skullbiker said:
Who the heck is ART, and what does he have to do with that big hunk of meat?[emoji848] [emoji6]

Alter ego, usually comes outta me around holidays, real or imagined, and that may look like a hunk, but it's more layered than hunked... :)

Bookers said:
Looking good Stettoman

Thank you sir. For your kind act of civility, YOU are invited.... :cheers:

Welp, I got a choice: Slow cooker, Instant pot, or braise. I thought I'd get to the smoker but the shed it's in has been sealed shut by the freeze/thaw/freeze cycle. I don't want to spend half the day chiseling. Yeah I know, shoulda done it yesterday...

I'm no pro with the instant pot, and the wife has "oven stuff" planned....So it's likely gonna be the crock. :mope:

...but it's still seven pounds of pork ribs, isn't it...a nice mop at the end and an after-sear in the broiler should raise my spirits, yeh?

Bookers said:
Do instapot for 30-40 mins it will be just about done then put it in the crock pot. Will prob give you a 2 hour head start cheers...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

High pressure cook? Or a lower setting, do ya think...?

stettoman said:
Welp, I got a choice: Slow cooker, Instant pot, or braise. I thought I'd get to the smoker but the shed it's in has been sealed shut by the freeze/thaw/freeze cycle. I don't want to spend half the day chiseling. Yeah I know, shoulda done it yesterday...

I'm no pro with the instant pot, and the wife has "oven stuff" planned....So it's likely gonna be the crock. :mope:

...but it's still seven pounds of pork ribs, isn't it...a nice mop at the end and an after-sear in the broiler should raise my spirits, yeh?
yes, low and slow in the crock pot and then a quick shot in the broiler to crisp up the outside works. i`ve done them that way many times. 

The Mama demanded a pre-sear, "cause that's how we always did it" (the Before Time, prior to my discovery of THP), so I gave her a minute per side in hot cast iron.

I also had to cut them more, to get the damned lid to fit. Added a little heavily watered down chipotle sauce for moisture.
20200202_124523.jpg

Should be stuffing some watering mouths by kickoff.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Etouffee ? 

Perhaps, GIP. From Rob's vid I guess it could be seen either way. My love for all things andouille will likely have me experimenting. But I gotta try his recipe first, which he does title Shrimp Stew...

He lays his over a bed of rice, and I'm a sucker fo' dat shi' too....

*of course, with my limited culinary knowledge of the nomenclature, perhaps I just should have said "yes"...*

Back