• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Stuffed Shrooms and Aji

Tender Tofu stuffing
INGREDIANTS:
10 fat green chillies (fat chilli of your own choice)
115g or 4oz fried 1/4" Tofu seasoned with Soy coated with flour
75g or 3 oz raw tiger prawns (peeled and de veined)(or Crab meat)
15g or 1/2 a cup fresh coriander leaves
5ml or 1 tsp cornflour
10ml or 2 tsp dry sherry
10ml or 2 tsp soy sauce
5ml or 1 tsp seaseme oil
2.5 ml or 1/2 tsp salt
15ml or 1 tbsp coldwater (or extra Sherry)
1 fresh red chilli and 1 fresh green chilli of your choice sliced in to rings
small hand full of peas(Substitute Onion chopped)

1. cut the chillies in half lengthways,keeping the stalk. scrape out and discard the seeds and set the chillies aside.

1a. Cut up the Firm Tofu into small pieces 1/4"; dip into Soy Sauce and then flour and fry in Olive oil.

2.mix together the prawns and coriander leaves in a food processor. process till smooth.scrape into a bowl and mix in the cornflour,sherry,soy sauce,seaseme oil,salt,tofu and water,cover and leave for 10 minutes.

3. fill each chilli with some of the meat mixture. Have ready a steamer or heatproof plate and a pan with about 5cm/2 in boiling water.

4. place the stuffed chillies in the steamer or on a plate, meat side up, and cover with a lid or foil.steam steadily for 15 minutes or until meat filling is cooked; (Alternately put a tiny amount of oil in a covered pan on low heat and cook.)

serve immediately and serve with fresh chilli rings and peas

Italian peppers
4 mid-sized Sweet Peppers or shrooms cored and cleaned
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1 large button mushroom, chopped small
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. Sesame oil
1/4 c. fresh basil,
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped small
3 small Peppers like Thai, minced
Shaved Parmesan cheese to top

Combine all ingredients except Parmesan and Pepper shells in a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (longer if you have time).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place peppers in a large baking dish, and divide filling evenly among them.
Top with shaved or grated parmesan (however much you want, just get a good coating on there).
Bake for 25 minutes on middle rack.
Turn on broiler, and move mushrooms to top rack for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
This one is great to make ahead of time. You can skip the refrigeration time for the filling and just stuff the caps early in the day and leave in the fridge. Just take them out when you start to preheat the oven to let them warm up a little.

No Fat Creamed Cheese stuffing
4 Sweet Peppers hulled and de-caped
4 oz of creamed cheese no fat
2 oz or 1/3 cup of parmsean
2 Tbsp pesto (sun dried tomato)
2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
1/4 cup mayo low fat
1 tsp chile seasoning (your choice)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together the pre-softed creamed cheese with other ingredients.
Stuff the peppers with the mixture. Place on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly brown and bubbly and the Pepper is soft.

Jalapeno Poppers I

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
15 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal(Bread Crums)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.

http://scawood.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=143281280

Nov 20 Packer apps; Aji stuffed and caps

Could someone tell me how to get a picture on here please?
Thanks
Balac

Do you have photobucket? If not...sign up it's free and takes a milisecond. Upload pictures to the site and when finished it will ask you to go to album. Choose this option. underneath your pictures you will see three boxes one marked "direct link" "html" and "img code" click on img code and it should lite up blue. now right click and hit copy. Come to this site and paste it into the thread you want the pic in. Good luck

Lets see if this works to get a pic into this place. Thanks 3/5King

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/Balac_1/?action=view&current=stuffedpeppers.jpg[/img]

ERROR Message was:
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

Anyone know what I need to do to get a image into this forum? Evidently when I put the photobucket image in here it doesn't like it.

HELP!!!

Greenhouse.jpg
[/img]

trying again :mad:

stuffedpeppers.jpg

:woohoo: FINALLY---Thanks :party: 3/5King--ur great :clap:

NEW Low Fat recipe (untried yet but looks good)
Turkey Sausages

1 lb pork loin (ground, chilled)
4 lb turkey breast (ground, chilled) I used butterball version that is nearly fat-free; I buy at SAMS then grind in my KitchenAid

2 TBSP white sugar
3 TBSP salt
2 TBSP fennel seed, cracked
1 TBSP corriander seed, cracked
2 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP dehydrated minced garlic (I would use fresh or at least canned)
2 TBSP Italian seasoning
2 tsp black pepper, ground
3/4 c ice water
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 TBSP 'datil dust' (or whatever---datil is rated at Habanero level 100k-300K)

Mix together in mixer, stuff into natural casings and then I freeze mine, 6 to a ziploc bags until ready to use. I will let you know that it is not going to be a juicy-fatty sausage but its got quite a full spicy flavor (we like it that way) and is better on the heart! Also, this way a 2nd one doesn't seem a guilty... We'd have to eat how many of these to make 20g of fat??? haha

Lets see if this works to get a pic into this place. Thanks 3/5King

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/Balac_1/?action=view&current=stuffedpeppers.jpg[/img]

ERROR Message was:
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

Anyone know what I need to do to get a image into this forum? Evidently when I put the photobucket image in here it doesn't like it.

HELP!!!

Greenhouse.jpg
[/img]

trying again :mad:

stuffedpeppers.jpg

:woohoo: FINALLY---Thanks :party: 3/5King--ur great :clap:

Wow, very nice.
That looks like it would be a hit at a party!

Greg

Back