• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Stubb's Charcoal $5.99

Wohoo! I just added six bags to my charcoal stash. I'm curious to see if you can actually smell the hickory and apple wood in the smoke. I would expect all the volatiles to have been driven off in the charcoal-making process, but I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Wohoo! I just added six bags to my charcoal stash. I'm curious to see if you can actually smell the hickory and apple wood in the smoke. I would expect all the volatiles to have been driven off in the charcoal-making process, but I'll find out for myself soon enough.

I bet you can. I swear I can taste the pitch from Doug Fir in standard Kingsford. That's why I dont like it.

hogleg said:

I bet you can. I swear I can taste the pitch from Doug Fir in standard Kingsford. That's why I dont like it.

Fir?  :sick: That ranks right up there with willow and piss elm for smoke I don't want flavoring my food.      
     Hotdogs roasted in a campfire with a little pine smoke is OK, but that't about as far as I go down the conifer route

The Hot Pepper said:
Last day of sale! :)
Thanks for the reminder, days have been long lately, almost missed last day. Stopped by on the way home and grabbed 4 more for total of 14. Can't wait for new smoker in a couple of weeks to break her in. Good now thru spring. Thanks again.

So far they burn a lil' faster than I was expecting from the reports. Alas I care not about burn times so much. I wanna see if it gives FLAVA...YO!!

flavor-flav-chicken-ribs-closes-640x426.jpg

Back