• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

State Fair ??

Has anyone on here ever entered their Peppers in a State Fair ??. And how did you do ??. I went ahead and entered 9 different varities this year to see how the Ultra-Hots will do.

Sly

I think wordwiz has entered some in the fair in Ohio...I haven't personally...

WOW........You mean I could be the First to Win the Blue Ribbons from here ??.......ALL this Presure........WOW......ROFL =))

it seems like most people who enter chiles in a fair contest they're usually basic chiles. now you entering some ultra hots should win over those basic chiles for the simple reason they look alot cooler than those others.
good luck

slyone1000 said:
Has anyone on here ever entered their Peppers in a State Fair ??. And how did you do ??. I went ahead and entered 9 different varities this year to see how the Ultra-Hots will do.

Sly

I haven't entered the State Fair because I don't feel like driving 3 hours each way, but I have entered the County Fair the last two years, just for the heck of it. There's only two categories for peppers: Sweet Pepper - Green and, Hot Pepper - Any Color. We can only submit one entry in each category.

Now you gotta realize I live in traditional, rural farm country so the standard to beat is Green Bell and Jalapeno.

I don't grow Bells, so I entered Cubanelles last year and green (unripe) Marconi this year. 1st Place: Bell, 2nd: Bell, 3rd: Bell BOTH years.

I entered some of the most beautiful Golden Habs I've ever grown last year. 1st Place: Jalapeno, 2nd: Jalapeno, 3rd: Jalapeno

This year I entered some very nice Lemon Drops. 1st Place: Jalapeno, 2nd: LEMON DROP, 3rd: Jalapeno

SUCCESS! :woohoo:

Good Luck to 'ya. Let us know how you do.

WOW.........I just looked at the Website.......they pay the first 5 places...There is a lot of different catigories.

Micro hot peppers 1" and under - Golden Bullet Habaneros
1-4" Hot Pepper - Bhut Jolikia & Chocolate Devil Tounge
4" and over Hot Pepper - Charleston Hots
Habanero Class - Jammician Hot Chocolate & Trinidad Scorpions
Sweet Non-Bell Peppers - Trinidad Perfume
Most Unusual Shape Vegtables - Bishop Crown & Peter Orange Pepper

Lets see if they kick out the Peter Orange Peppers ! ! ! .

chilehunter said:
do you get money for placing 1st 2nd 3rd or just a ribbon ?

1st: $3.50, Blue Ribbon
2nd: $2.50, Red Ribbon
3rd: $1.50, White Ribbon

So, I pulled in $2.50. It cost me $12 bucks to get in, of course.:lol:

Back