• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Standbyandfire vs Butch T(Mississippi strain)

Hottest pepper to date for me. This beast grabbed my throat and would not let go. First pepper to make me upchuck!LOL
Thank Butch for letting me try this wicked crazy pepper. Hope you guys enjoy the video.

Oh man, I certainly feel for you on that. Throwing pods up is the worst. But this video is further testimony that Butch grows some WICKED pods on his farm. He really needs to do some testing on the pods from there. I bet they would be much hotter then the record setting pod that bore his name.

I keep on telling people, the BT TS's that butch is growing is on a whole different level than what everyone else has. One of them set my belly on fire for the entire day when I received my package from him.

I think Butch is going to have the(Mississippi strain) tested. It way hotter then the other Butch T's i've tried.
If you want pure (not watered down) strain, buy them from Butch Taylor. It will take you to a new level in heat.
The heat peak at about 15 mins but still burned for another hour in my mouth and on my lips. He has two new peppers
that are a mid grade range pepper that me and Nagacanario also pod tested, will try to post them today also.
Icecream pod (F1)
007 pod (F1)

I think Butch is going to have the(Mississippi strain) tested. It way hotter then the other Butch T's i've tried.
If you want pure (not watered down) strain, buy them from Butch Taylor. It will take you to a new level in heat.
The heat peak at about 15 mins but still burned for another hour in my mouth and on my lips. He has two new peppers
that are a mid grade range pepper that me and Nagacanario also pod tested, will try to post them today also.
Icecream pod (F1)
007 pod (F1)

I hope he does get those tested, because I am seriously curious at just how high they do rank. I'm pretty much convinced that if there is a hell, it's located directly under his pepper farm, just far enough under for the roots of his plants to breach in and absorb the heat from the fires.

I don't know if growing location is really a major factor. The hottest pods I've ever tried are Butch T scorpions grown here in Canada but I've never tried one grown by Butch.
I personally believe that anyone with the original BT genetics will have the crazy hot, bitter/acidic pods just like the old days before the strain got mixed up (or whatever happened). These "newer Butch Ts" (seen only in the last couple of years) don't seem to be nearly as hot or have the bitter/acid taste

I let a buddy of mine try the ones from butch as he's tried em from a few other suppliers, and he said it was a night and day difference. Butch grows a crazy CRAZY pod.

Back