• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

Jeff, it's a pleasure to see the work of a true craftsman in these days of so many "take as many shortcuts as you can to get in under budget construction". Looking really good and seeing your crop growing in the background is like gravey on a biscuit.

Now I need a cup of coffee.

Bill

Jeff, it's a pleasure to see the work of a true craftsman in these days of so many "take as many shortcuts as you can to get in under budget construction". Looking really good and seeing your crop growing in the background is like gravey on a biscuit.

Now I need a cup of coffee.

Bill
+1111111111.

im redoing my packing and product room and i wish i had the knowledge he does.

Thanks friends!

Just a quick update on the project, once again pressed for time. According to the ten day forecast; we have no frost for the next 10 days and that is a really good thing.

I need to have this finished to the point of being able to hang plants in there the night of frost, last year the tractor shed held about 2000 plants so with more than twice as many plants this year I need this space desperately.

Going with the traditional red and white color scheme, but will give it a few nice cosmetic touches; should be quite nice.

3 more panels for the roof and then will start in on the walls this weekend.

Greenhouse_makeover_0429.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0430.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0431.jpg

Just getting er done.

Thanks for stopping by, - Jeff

Looks great Jeff!...............Sorry, I've been lagging trying to catch up with everyones updates.
Frost?.......How far North are you located. We may hit frost mid November on the average. But I don't wait to get my overwinters ready. Like anything else its an on going project..............ha
I'm glad to see you had some heaping harvests through the summer........

take care, and good luck with the process

Greg

Todays update is just showing some additional progress, I have been working out of town so home time is after dark; weekends are valuable when trying to beat mother nature to completion. :P

Greenhouse_makeover_0432.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0433.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0434.jpg

Greenhouse_makeover_0435.jpg

I now get to drink my morning coffee here. :dance:

Greenhouse_makeover_0436.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, - Jeff

Awesome project, hope you are having fun with it. One question though, what is the plan with the bottle jack? Is it still there or is there a permanent column taking it's place now?

Hey man that looks great! I was going to suggest a simple rope and pulley system to move stuff up and down, but with that genie lift I guess its kinda irrelevant!

Absolutely astonishing. Your hard work has really paid off. So much for that sore spot in the yard. Someday I hope to work on a project like this... thanks for sharing

Well It has been a while and frankly not a whole lot has changed since the last update.

Managed to get the outside walls covered with OSB but still need to install the windows, but with a 30 inch overhang; no snow has blown in yet.

Greenhouse_makeover_0437.JPG

Greenhouse_makeover_0438.JPG

Maybe it was a good thing I didn't have time to build the permanent cabinets because what I thought would be important: wasn't and visa versa, so now the final position and layout of things have changed, guess if I wasn't so lazy I could build them now.lol

The makeshift interior has been rearranged once more to suit. Please excuse the mess! :o(

Greenhouse_makeover_0439.JPG

Purchased a shrink wrapping system a couple months ago and it really works great, finding all kinds of things to wrap and preserve but most of all comes in real handy for products.

purchased 2 types of film, one pvc which is hard when shrunk but strong, the other is "I forget" but it is soft and extremely puncture resistant.

Greenhouse_makeover_0440.JPG

Greenhouse_makeover_0441.JPG

Gotta keep things organized. ;0)

Greenhouse_makeover_0442.JPG

The grinding area, finding out this area will need to be much bigger with a filtering vacuum system.

Greenhouse_makeover_0443.JPG

Packaging and shipping area, this will be upstairs and larger as well.

Greenhouse_makeover_0444.JPG

Some times it is a difficult decision on what to take in to spice up supper. Hmmmmm

Greenhouse_makeover_0445.JPG

Hopefully I will get a chance to work on thing a little before summer, I can't finish it to quickly cause then I won't have any thing to do! :rotfl

Thanks for looking!!!!
Cheers, Jeff

Back