pics Some pics from the Ol' man Stillmanz Farm

Update on Greenhouse 1

Prik kee nu They are all about 4ft plus and loaded with thousands of firery tiny peppers.
dscn3343-48umq8wt8.jpg

Hydro current tomatoes going crazy
dscn3344-48umq8wy3.jpg

Orange Habanero
dscn3345-48umq8x4r.jpg

All the Orange habs are loaded they grow like weeds here in Brisbane.
dscn3347-48umsfpul.jpg

The seasons charging but allmy fatalii are really stunted which is driving me crazy.

The classic Orange habanero my pepper of choice..tasty and plenty hot enough. you don't sit down and chew these guys up like pop corn.
Doyou get fresh orange habanero pods in Israil? If not I'll send you some seeds.

First of all I do have some seeds of my own, but thanks for the offer.
Surprisingly orange habs are available in Israel.
You can't buy it at the local supermarket, but you could sure order a box of fresh ones for a decent price.
I find orange habs to be really nice, but I prefer caribbean hot.

It's harder finding a fresh batch of Jalapeño, than it is to find Habanero.
Don't you think it's because we Israelis love hot food so much, I don't believe those growers make any (real) money in Israel, I think they export it.

Did you know Israel produce more wild Australian flowers forthe world market then Australia.. off topic but interesting.
were do youget caribbean reds from?

No, I had no idea. :lol:
My friend is using them for cooking, but for some weird reason the seeds in them won't sprout (I tried).

It's "year of the hab" for me.
Lots of Habanero type peppers on my growing list.
Just because of stillmanz and his awesome looking congo, I'll be growing some of them as well.
I have a question, though.
I've read that congo habs are much larger than normal habs, but yours (stillmanz) doesn't seem to.

EDIT:
Just looked at some pictures, and the congo should be like a small apple.

yeah early season pod also second season for the plant, apparently they can get a little smaller in subsequent seasons. I can definately say when the plant is happy the pods seem to be pretty big and have a very unusual flavour almost sweet.

Not sure about other species, its not like the congos get tiny in subsiquent seasons there just not so enormous my plants 2 maybe 3 years old I can't quite remember exactly, it still produces reasonable sized pods its just the one I posted up was a bit of a runt. Anyway I love the flavour of congos excellent for sweet hot sauces and marinades.

But I want massive pods! :lol:
Yep, they sure do look nice. :)
BTW they're supposed to be deep red, why is yours dark orange?

Cool, you're an ok guy in my book (It's a pretty think book). :)
I have congo seeds + some more hab type peppers from Trinidad, so I sure hope they'll grow all big and strong. :P

Yep the food and peppers from Trinidad are some of my favourite. I love Jerk cooking, roast jerk chicken is a regular on the bbq this summer.

mine grew pods the size of raisins all winter - i picked them all of for compost...plants are back to growing full size now...if not bigger.

Back