water Some kind of Watering Can

Looking for advice(and a Link would be nice!) on some sort of powered watering can or something like a sprayer. Basically I usually mix my nutrients in a 5gal bucket then use a cup or similar to pour the nutrients down a pvc pipe into the plant containers. 

So, some kind of reservoir that produces a heavy stream(Not a mist) like a hose and doesn't require a lot of lifting and angling as one would with a manual watering can. Any advice would be appreciated.

PepperZ said:
Looking for advice(and a Link would be nice!) on

some sort of powered watering can or something like a sprayer.

nutrients in a 5gal bucket then use a cup to pour the nutrients down a pvc pipe into the plant containers. 

reservoir that produces a heavy stream  like a hose and doesn't require a lot of lifting and angling as one would with a manual watering can. 

So you want a easily transported 5 gal. powered reservoir that has a garden hose to easily pump a large volume of mixed nutes?

Siv said:
I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HE9YEM/ and if you add it to your bucket, you're golden. Comes in very handy for emptying large totes etc also.

Wish I could take the credit for this idea but it's another gem seen in a Peter Stanley video.

+1
I've seen rose growers that are feeding hundreds of plants mix up nutrients in a food grade barrel, then use a sump pump with a garden hose attached to pull the mixture out through a regular old watering wand.
The only draw back (besides the cost), is that you have to run a power cord out to the garden.

Siv said:

Not really sure - I bought it over a year ago and it's still using the first set of batteries. But then again, I've only used it about a dozen times
I had one of those pumps about 2 years ago. I am sure that many peoples perception of battery life is different. For myself, I thought the thing was a battery sucker but maybe I expected too much from it. I used it to top up Kratky reservoirs and probably averaged about 50 gallons pumped to a set of batteries.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

So you want a easily transported 5 gal. powered reservoir that has a garden hose to easily pump a large volume of mixed nutes?

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Siv said:
I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HE9YEM/ and if you add it to your bucket, you're golden. Comes in very handy for emptying large totes etc also.

Wish I could take the credit for this idea but it's another gem seen in a Peter Stanley video.

This is probably exactly what I need. Thanks!

I use a 5gal pump backpack sprayer without the mister nozzle attached to hand feed. I find it very convenient and it keeps me from having to bend down at every plant.

Back