• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

So Sad

Well, This is the time of year that it is Over.
I pulled all my plants up today So the Growing Season is Over for me this year. To reflect over what happen this year.

I had 248 total plants this year. 176 Super Hots and the rest Various.
Out of the 176 Super Hots. I got 189 pounds 4 ounces. Sold 45 pounds to Mexican resturant for $10 a pound.
Out of the 72 Other Peppers, I got 51 pounds 2 ounces.

I won multiable Ribbons at the Fair.
I have Trader Joes Grocery store wanting to buy 75 Jars of my Atomic Star Fish Pepper Jelly. Which I dont have enough Peppers for.

So I guess it was a Good Season. Looking forward to Planting again on January 1 2010. Almost 2 months of rest ! ! !

That is awesome! Get a commitment from them for next year and grow accordingly. Wow that is cool news.

That is awesome news about Trader Joe's. Also, how did you approach the Mexican restaurant? Did you just take a handful of peppers and asked if they wanted to buy local? Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2010.

Incredible harvest! I know that had to be a ton of work. Nice to see a progressive Mexican restaurant making superhots available.

slyone1000 said:
I won multiable Ribbons at the Fair.
I have Trader Joes Grocery store wanting to buy 75 Jars of my Atomic Star Fish Pepper Jelly.

Way to go Sly! Nice harvest, but man that's a lot of plants. I grew about 140 and that was plenty for me to try to properly take care of.

One thing I'm curious about. Do you think your Fair success was responsible for the Trader Joe interest? If not, how did you kindle that interest?:?:

Well.......as for the Mexican Resturants....I have been bringing them peppers for a couple of years now. And they have been letting me eat for free. The Owner came up to me back in July, Amd asked to buy some since he owns 4 mexican places. He wanted more, since he only has to use a little bit instead of a ton of Habaneros at $8.99 a pound. Saved him money. Now he wants all my powder.....Dont know about that though. Got to have heat for winter ! !

As far a Trader Joes. I gave a jar of my pepper jelly to a friend. And the manager of the store in Cary was watching a football game at his house. And he had that for snacks and he used the jelly as a glaze on some roast pig he was cooking. The guy fell in love with it. Looks like I will be growing a lot of Atomic Starfish next year.

But I am thinking about maybe a Mango & Habanero Pepper Jelly also. I dont know if it will work. But Dam......It was my first time Ever making Jelly this year. You never know.

Sly

Congrats!

Really nice when your hobby actually starts to turn a profit, eh?!

Very encouraging for us all - thank you and good luck for next year!

Back