• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smokin manzanos

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/smoemaster_2007/2012%20pics/PICT2183.jpg?t=1340497369

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/smoemaster_2007/2012%20pics/PICT2184.jpg?t=1340497369

About 60 lbs probably more.
Then it's 55LB. of chicken thighs , 30Lb of beef and 15lbs of Yellowtail...

PICT2183.jpg

PICT2184.jpg

About 60 lbs probably more.
Then it's 55LB. of chicken thighs , 30Lb of beef and 15lbs of Yellowtail...

Ingredients for a recipe? A giant cookout?

Mike you are AMAZING

i am going to call you the Rocoto King.
i have about 10 plants from the seeds you sent me two years ago for some of the best rocotos on earth... i cant wait to share them back with you and all other guys...

I'm thinking about firing up the barrel smoker too.

Mites nailed all my plants last year.
I've got to clear out the freezer before this years harvest.
I'll need a Hazmat suit in a day or so with all the smoked powder i've got to grind up.
Then make up some Blends and rubs.

Man those are looking GREAT. I have been searching high and low in my local mexican grocery stores and several farmers markets for manzanos or rocotos and nobody has any. You socal folks have got it made.

I guess I'm going to have to round up some seeds and grow my own next season.

Keep on growing, Robert

I never thought of smoking frozen pods. I would have thought the pods would turn to mush and fall through the racks, obviously not the case. Nice setup!

Frozen pods smoke/dry a lot faster.
Freezing breaks the cell walls when the water expands.
I put them on the grill frozen and don't mess with them until they are prune like in texture.

I've got tons of seeds...Trade?

Mike you are AMAZING

i am going to call you the Rocoto King.
i have about 10 plants from the seeds you sent me two years ago for some of the best rocotos on earth... i cant wait to share them back with you and all other guys...

Perhaps then you will be the Rocoto Queen...

Wow that looks amazing. If your ever looking to trade powders I have some nice smoked TS powder and several variates of concentrate I'll trade for some of that powder.

awesome!!!!

got lots of pube seeds from you...killed a bunch, and i could only get one rocoto orange to survive... want to learn more about growing this variety in my climate before planting more seeds. thank you very much

Back