• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Share your FAV recipes

Heres my latest batches:

bottledsauceyumm002.jpg

The one on the right is great.

I'm starting to find that the more complex the sauce the harder it is to match with food.

The sauce in the center tastes great but so far it doesn't seem to work once added with food lol Its a pear base with lots of garlic, ginger, small amount of fish sauce, around 10 scorps per bottle :onfire: some lime, apple cider vinegar, rock salt, cracked pepper. I'm thinking it should go well with prawns or oysters :)

The choc sauce looks cool but theres something that doesn't really work. I used equal choc syrup to fruit. The next time I try it I might reduce the choc to make the fruit stand out a bit more. At the moment it tastes like a weird cough syrup lol Once again it tastes great by itself lol

Not mine but I love it.

2 habaneros diced very fine
4 Tbs butter non salted
1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries
Melt butter over low heat, add diced habs (no seeds)
Cook and mash the habs for 3-5 minutes, add brown sugar stir constantly until melted, add vanilla and cream
Cook stirring constantly until caramel like consistancy.
Add strawberries and serve over vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

Timmmy newbie said:
I'm starting to find that the more complex the sauce the harder it is to match with food.

The sauce in the center tastes great but so far it doesn't seem to work once added with food lol Its a pear base with lots of garlic, ginger, small amount of fish sauce, around 10 scorps per bottle :onfire: some lime, apple cider vinegar, rock salt, cracked pepper. I'm thinking it should go well with prawns or oysters :)

The choc sauce looks cool but theres something that doesn't really work. I used equal choc syrup to fruit. The next time I try it I might reduce the choc to make the fruit stand out a bit more. At the moment it tastes like a weird cough syrup lol Once again it tastes great by itself lol

paulky_2000 said:
I'm not sure about chocolate in a hot sauce....peppers in chocolate I can see.

As for the rest of them...I'd say every hot sauce goes well on a chicken wing! ;)

I would say that sauce would be good added to chili or on a pork butt.

Now that sounds great chillilover :onfire: I'm starting to really like sweet hot sauces on icecream. I've made a fatalii and mango ice cream sauce which also worked well.

Hey JayT,

I used it last night on a spinach and cheese pull apart bun last night. The extra garlic just worked so well. I will have to try out the sauce on some pork over the long weekend break :)

I'm travelling up to Tamworth tomorrow and if we have a BBQ I'll be able to test it out on the family. It should be hot but I kept it under the extreme level lol

Does anyone dehydrate peppers with the intention of using them in a sauce? I read someones sauce post at some point and wondered if it changes the flavor?

I've eaten dehydrated fatalii's before and I swear they taste sooo different to fresh ones and I was wondering if its actually going to make the sauce taste different.

I hope it's as good as it looks JayT.

I wanted the fatalii taste to be the strong point of the sauce. I'm thinking of using it with cooking more than anything else so I kept it simple. Seeing that is more for cooking I kept the seeds in and just kept the sauce on a slow boil for a good 45 mins to help soften them.

fataliisaucefinished.jpg

It tasted like :onfire:

The only real taste that is apparent is the fatalii's, it has a nice soft smooth taste. I don't think the lemon grass did much.

Very hot, nearly too hot to taste whats going on but I think its a pretty good level.

Instant sweat, running nose, warm all over and I'm feeling the need to take a deep breath every ten seconds lol

And here we go again.

Cloves, red onion, garlic, ginger and shallots

bigbatch003.jpg

After adding some red wine vin, tomatoes, fish sauce, soy, black pepper and balsamic vin the DORSETS went in.

bigbatch004.jpg

After a good half hour I added some lemon rind and sugar.

Now its on a slow boil for the next hour then time for the bottles :)

Back