• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seedlings Temperature Tolarence

Hi,
I have two MOA Scotch Bonnet seeds in wet paper towels and they have sprouted, but there was a power outage and it got cold in my house. It was below 15C for about ten hours. Are these seedlings now dead?

Thanks.

Ronin said:
Hi,
I have two MOA Scotch Bonnet seeds in wet paper towels and they have sprouted, but there was a power outage and it got cold in my house. It was below 15C for about ten hours. Are these seedlings now dead?

Thanks.

Not likely. once they sprout you are pretty much out of the woods as long as you dont push the envelope or the duration.

CAPCOM said:

Not likely. whats 15C in F? once they sprout you are pretty much out of the woods as long as you dont push the envelope or the duration.
Ok, good to know and 15C is about 60F.

CAPCOM said:

Id get them in some dirt asap though.

I did put one in dirt. He was about 1.5 inches and turning a little green. But the other is less then an inch. Should he also go in dirt now? Or wait another day? They were both put in wet paper towels two days ago.

Ronin said:
I did put one in dirt. He was about 1.5 inches and turning a little green. But the other is less then an inch. Should he also go in dirt now? Or wait another day? They were both put in wet paper towels two days ago.
They can to the dirt as some as they start to sprout

Back