seeds Seedlings showing odd signs

Hi all,

Seedling leaves are browning on the tips and curling upwards. My temps are at 75 and I really don't think I'm overwatering them. They were fed some hydro nutrients. Did I burn them perhaps? I am also fighting fungal gnats (yay). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Oh, and my best plant has got some great roots so far! They were all taken care of the same way but the bigger plants are getting hydro nutrients from the bottom now

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 70
Looks like what mine did, I put fans on them, and started trying to give them less water, and only bottom watering. They started looking better, until I gave them some nutes from the top of the pot and some started to curl again.

I'm sure others will respond but my guess would be excess moisture

It does look like Fertilizer burn. Give them no more and see how the new foliage looks.

If it continues you may need to flush the soil with water to reduce the residual fert. If all else fails, gently remove the plant from the soil, wash the roots, and replant in fresh soil.

SR. 

Did you give them full strength nutrients? When they're that young I usually only give them 25% strength. Anything stronger might burn them.

I think I did give some full strength nutes to the ones in foam cups thinking if it was ok for my bottom fed rooted plants then they would be alright but it looks like it was too early.  I've cut back watering a bit and I'm hoping to see some change. It'll be like a week before they show any major improvement right?

The very small one still in the seed tray did not get any nutrients it just started to curl like that. 

Edmick said:
Did you give them full strength nutrients? When they're that young I usually only give them 25% strength. Anything stronger might burn them.

And for the big plants growing in soil, the dosage is usually 50% of the plants growing in hydroponics.

exclamation said:
I think I did give some full strength nutes to the ones in foam cups thinking if it was ok for my bottom fed rooted plants then they would be alright but it looks like it was too early.  I've cut back watering a bit and I'm hoping to see some change. It'll be like a week before they show any major improvement right?

The very small one still in the seed tray did not get any nutrients it just started to curl like that. 
The curling could be from overwatering. Too much watering + hydro nutes= Burnt seedlings with curled leaves. But as always, rule out pests too. Putting a fan on them and only watering from the bottom will help your fungal gnat issue.

I have some sticky traps, they seem to be working.

I am using the general hydroponics flora series

Thanks for all the help everyone. Still fighting last weeks 2ft of snow and dealing with another 18" drop today

Back