• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Scotch Bonnets???

theHippySeedCo said:
here's my scotch bonnet attempt, tastes a bit like the Yellow Hab, not as hot as a Red Hab but with an all over burn, and reallly fruity.

WOW!!! I did that as a bar room bet ($50 US) with a red Hab. I won the bet, but paid for it the next day...:lol:

theHippySeedCo said:
here's my scotch bonnet attempt, tastes a bit like the Yellow Hab, not as hot as a Red Hab but with an all over burn, and reallly fruity.

Forget that video, the one where you ate the Dorset Naga is priceless!

Thank you for a gut buster Every time I see another clip I just wonder if I can even attempt a bite lol time will tell this summer lol

Those posts remind of the evening some friends and I were partying and doing tequila shots with hotsauce instead of lime.

The friend who was cooking dinner was raised in SE Asia, and is damn near bulletproof when it comes to hot.

Needless to say, that got ugly fast. :)

Good times.

-Q

the Scotch Bonnet salad, sounds AWESOME as they are really nice, it would definatly be Zingy

And yea, thought i was going to have a Heart attack with the dorset, the pain with that went down, But the Morich went up and made my ears hurt,, very weird.

I've been using Grace's Scotch bonnet sauce a lot lately. Its cheap, available at my local grocer and its got a great scotch bonnet taste but its really not that hot. I think Chuk did a review here somewhere?

theHippySeedCo said:
And yea, thought i was going to have a Heart attack with the dorset, the pain with that went down, But the Morich went up and made my ears hurt,, very weird.

I noticed that too eating a Morrich sace, althought not to the extent you did because I haven't eaten a whole pepper..yikes!

It gets the throat, then face and like spreads up and around. After that is kind of a warm body high.

Odd, eh?

To the OP, I've eaten foods with Scotch's in them, but never had a actual pepper to try yet. Nice and hot though. :)

-Q

QuadShotz said:
Those posts remind of the evening some friends and I were partying and doing tequila shots with hotsauce instead of lime.
-Q

Pepperfreak said:
Hehehe...That was years ago. Learned the 'trick' while living in Texas...

we call it a "Prairie Fire" ... shot of Quervo and as much tabasco as you like...wonder how it would be with a splash of DefCon DM MKII..would have to be called a Fire of Death Shot or something...

AlabamaJack said:
we call it a "Prairie Fire" ... shot of Quervo and as much tabasco as you like...wonder how it would be with a splash of DefCon DM MKII..would have to be called a Fire of Death Shot or something...

While I was there, we use to do a shot of Quervo and then eat a jalapeno or habanero... Yummy!!!

The yellow are the best flavored. I've been growing the red, yellow, chocolate and orangish bonnets for a long time now. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

WACOFlyer said:
The yellow are the best flavored. I've been growing the red, yellow, chocolate and orangish bonnets for a long time now. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

Cool!!! I can't wait to try them, I have both Red and Yellow coming from CCN.

I'd agree that the yellow have the best flavour if you are after the fruitiness. Does any one know if a Scotch Bonnet plant grows less bushy and maybe taller than a Hab?

rainbowberry said:
I'd agree that the yellow have the best flavour if you are after the fruitiness. Does any one know if a Scotch Bonnet plant grows less bushy and maybe taller than a Hab?

Can you describe the flavor of the others? I've never grown true Scotch Bonnets, but I'm tempted now. Damn you.

Back