• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Scorpion Salsa

Sounds yummy can't wait to hear how it tastes.

I like how they don't claim the scorpion is the hottest in the world or put inflated numbers on their stuff, just a nice and reserved statement. I wonder where they got that number from?

El Pinto is local for me, have eaten there many times. I wonder if you can get this stuff served at the table?

One Jar of the famous Scorpion Salsa: Superhot
This is a one-of-a-kind product made with the exclusive New Mexico Scorpion chile grown in the desert heat of New Mexico. Rating at nearly 1.2 million scoville units, this chile packs the heat. We pulled back the salsa to a reasonable 11,000 scoville units which is still nearly 3x hotter than your normal hot sauce many only use a few drops of. This is a salsa with great flavor and sure, we have already talked about the heat.

Only 11,000 scoville units? That can't be right.

IIRC there is hardly any scorpion in them, they used chocolate habs for most of the heat. And it really isn't that hot from what I've heard. I've had some of their salsas before and was not at all impressed, plus Dave Dewitt is affiliated with them somehow. I'll stick with Mrs Renfro's habanero salsa for decently hot grocery store salsas.

Back