• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding Scorpion-Congo Hybrid???

OK.....so over the weekend i visited by family in Barrackpore (rural area in Trinidad - lots of farms)....really sorry i didn't take my camera......

my aunt has almost 2 lots of land where she plants her peppers (usually congos for the market)........and in one row i noticed peppers looking like scorpions.....but not quite that distinct as a normal scorpion......

when i asked her she said it was a cross between scorpion and congo.....well of course i took a few "samples" for "testing"....and for sure.....the heat is there....just finished lunch with a 2 cm piece and it got me sweating

could it be???

you can judge for yourself......

P5020105.jpg

anyone interested in seeds........PM me......

P5020113.jpg

That is actually a specific Scorpion strain grown by CARDI I tried two years ago. They don't consider it a cross. I had identical pods. They're very nice.

Chris

Well I thought it might be a good idea to post some pictures of these badboys now some of them are ripening.

tscardi2010.jpg

Plant

carditspods.jpg

Pods

tscardipod.jpg

Ripening Pod

Havn't got to try one of these badboys yet, but looks like it will be soon:cool:.

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Hi Micca I have the same variety growing also, except mine are still maturing, they have the same texture and light green coloring as yours though not quite as big.....yet

Back