• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sauces in progress

Over the last few months I've been working on some new sauces I hope to market
  1. yellow - the first one is a blend of pineapple, mango and fatalii....a real nice fruity flavor with some interesting spices added
  2. purple - now this one is the best so far, made from mixed berries, bhut jolokia and spices. It can even be eaten with vanilla ice-cream
  3. green - a seafood dip which has a really tangy garlic taste with jalapenos
  4. orange - next is a Tomato base with Trinidad Scorpion and herbs
Here is a pic of the sauces I am working on

first4

P1030054.jpg

nah..I dried all those pods,
the sauce is made from the white devils tongue,
I'll give the sauce another go in a couple of days, I think I might be able to make it a bit whiter (fingers crossed)

I am always of the opinion that if you are making a superhot sauce mix the superhot chillies up to get a great allround burn, lips , tongue, mouth, etc.etc. Different chillies seem to burn different parts more than others. Dont know why though?

ok, so here's my next sauce, this one is a super hottie
I put my tongue through the Spanish Inquisition making this one, so that is what I named it!
It has 4 different varieties of nuclear hot and again fruit based,
I'll post the ingredients list for this one when I have the lables made up
the taste of this one is pure heaven, my best so far...

Inquisition

P1070015.jpg

Looks really good JR!

Mouthwatering colors :woohoo:

The purple one is absolutely gorgeous!
And 'The Spanish inquisition' looks almost "friendly" :hell: in a strawberry-kind-of-way

Looks bloody nice! There's a guy here in the far north of NZ that does some nice sauces, but more to the point he has a box set of the whole range but in smaller bottles, like a gift set i guess. Do you think you might do something similar? All the colours together would make an awesome "spice rack"

Who says all pepper sauces should be red? :lol:
Here's one I'm working on, I call it "White Lightning"
I almost had it whiter this morning but I added one last ingredient which darkened it
so I'll substitute it for something diff next time....

P1060010.jpg

woow, outstanding :)
white lightning :) great, why should be red :) uniquely white ;)
wish u all the best Grant :)

thanks Marc, I'm still working on the white one but the other four are just right.
I want to make a super hot today(7pot/pod, T. Scorp & Bhut Jolokia) or should I only use one variety?,
also it has to be a bright red color and use fruit as a base, what fruit/fruits do you guys think would be good?
For a red fruit base do strawberry and take an apple corer and core them out because the centers tend to be white. A quick way to remove the stem and the white.

Strawbhuty

Oh my PepperGod, Grant, fantastic!!!

The sauces are very interesting but... THE BOTTLES and THE CAPS!!!!

I never found something in these way.

Anyway, here now it is 9.17 AM and you made me hungry/thirsty with your faboulous sauces!!!!! :)

ok, so here's my next sauce, this one is a super hottie
I put my tongue through the Spanish Inquisition making this one, so that is what I named it!
It has 4 different varieties of nuclear hot and again fruit based,
I'll post the ingredients list for this one when I have the lables made up
the taste of this one is pure heaven, my best so far...

Inquisition

P1070015.jpg

I would give this a Blue Ribbon without tasting it. It looks so good. I hope you win some First Place Prizes with this one. Are you going to ship some to USA?

I should use some to brush my teeth. It will kill all the tooth decay. :cool:

I am about ready to move to Australia. America is going down the drain pipe.

Back