• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Rooting/jailbreaking Android and iOS devices

It isnt that hard to do I have done it many times.  

A good place to learn and poke around is here and this place  There are many phones and many ways to do it. Look for what your phone is and what eventually you want to do. Check around for you phone type and modding there are other members mods in which they worked out the bugs ;) rooting is always where I start and isnt that hard. 

LUCKYDOG said:
It isnt that hard to do I have done it many times.  

A good place to learn and poke around is here and this place  There are many phones and many ways to do it. Look for what your phone is and what eventually you want to do. Check around for you phone type and modding there are other members mods in which they worked out the bugs ;) rooting is always where I start and isnt that hard. 
I have read countless sites about it. It normally wouldn't be too hard to root except I have the vzw GS3 (SCH-I535) running Android 4.3. Apparently this model and OS is more difficult than usual

I'm running cyanogen also. If on an android it's a must to root if you want control of your device.
Go thru the steps Vincent, it's worth it.

GA Growhead said:
I'm running cyanogen also. If on an android it's a must to root if you want control of your device.
Go thru the steps Vincent, it's worth it.
Oh believe me, I want to and have tried. For some reason I can't get any of the programs to work (and no its not the drivers)

Right now my phone runs 4.3 which I've read causes a lot of problems when trying to root. I think I'm going to do a factory reset back to 4.1.2 and give it a go from there

Im using the AEON v1.4 mod

coheed196 said:
I have read countless sites about it. It normally wouldn't be too hard to root except I have the vzw GS3 (SCH-I535) running Android 4.3. Apparently this model and OS is more difficult than usual
Coheed check this Link

LUCKYDOG said:
Im using the AEON v1.4 mod

Coheed check this Link
I've actually tried that one. I have the VRUCML1 build and I didn't have any luck with that one.

I'm going to do the factory reset in a bit though. I know I'm stuck with 4.3 but I dunno, it may make a difference. We shall see

Back