• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Roach vs judy's 7pod brown

you make a good point 3/5 king. i go by burn level and hangtime as well as a few small other factors that you tap into after trying several varieties at this level. as far as oil , that's something that guys on here started doing. it's cool to see as it's adds drama to the video but it has no effect on where i place the pepper on the list.also this is all subjective. everyone else could have completely different findings and that's fine. that makes it fun. i just feel like i'm on to something with this pod because no other has done to me what this one has. as far as oil leakage goes , yes there is a lot but brainstrain has just as much oil if not more. i still find the brown more painfull and relentless! again , this is not my pepper. it's judy's. i'm just trying to get chili heads to try a strain that really stands out.

So I am wondering...peppers can have X amount of capsaicin in them. Lets say Butch T = 1,400,000 scoville and pepper X has 1,100,000. So the Butch T obviously has a higher scoville rating. But if pepper X has a higher amount of oil inside to carry the capsaicin in. Then would it be possible for that to be a factor in the intensity of the heat. Instead of chewing a pepper with less oil but a higher SHU. As my point being the oil absorbs into the tongue, throat, and what not increasing the amount of capsaicin that stays in the mouth, rather than it getting chewed and going down into the stomach with a pepper containing less oil. Hence making the pepper appear hotter but having a lower SHU.

Excuse me sir, but have you been drinking tonight?

Excuse me sir, but have you been drinking tonight?

Yup I had a big ol glass of awesome
beer.gif

Ed,

I have a question. How would a pepper such as brown 7 pod compare to a sauce like Da Bomb Final Answer? I had an ice cream spoonful of Final Answer ( a bit less than a teaspoon) and it was quite painful. So how would a whole 7 pod brown compare heat and painwise with a small spoon of Da Bomb Final Answer. I am asking since I know you have had both.

Anyway, I enjoy your videos and keep up the good work.

thanks for watching palavos3! it's hard to compare extracts to pods because they do different things to you. i had a friend eat the 7pod brown lastnight and not even flinch! everyone else has been floored. extract sauces burn your lips and demolish your stomach. i had to give them up. i guess if you ate a whole pod that might be similar to an extract experience.

Back