• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

resizing pics

how do you resize normal size pics on computer to a smaller size that you're able to put into a cell and then text the pic to someone.
then whats the acceptable size for this ?x?

depends on your phone. Does the person have email? Email him the pic and he can open it on his phone?

You can re-size them using photo bucket if you don't have any software to do it with.

Usually attach the pic and the service/phone resizes it. Or compose the text and take the pic from there.

some of the pics were taken with a normal camera & put in computer. then put on cell SD card & try to open it says too big, I've tried to resize smaller & try it again-didnt work.
either I'm not resizing to the correct size or using the wrong computer program :eh:

Text images are really small, like thumbnails.

If you're using a PC, open it in Paint (under accessories), then save a copy. (You may want the original size at some point, so I always recommend resizing a copy.) I don't remember the exact path (I'm working on a Mac right now and don't have a PC handy), but you can scale the picture and stuff. The KEY is to change the pixel size, which is done by adjusting the resolution. Somewhere in there is a box to change it from, say, 300 ppi to something else. Because Paint is unsophisticated, you'll need to do it in multiple steps, such as resize then save, change the resolution then save, that kind of thing.

Gimp is good, Irfanview is good, Paint is good .....any of these programs will let you resize any digital picture.

You will have to do some work and learn the software, there's no magic bullet.

Back