• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Reimer seeds

Ok I heard alot of people not happy with Reimer.
But they have the most complete selection of seeds(peppers,tomatoes,herbs...).
So should I buy seeds from them?
Or am I just wasting money and why?
What other seed cie do you recommend.

Don't buy from them, they'll rip you off. Many of their seeds won't germinate and those that do are quite often not what they are supposed to be. My Neon Yellow habs had five totally different types of pepper in one package. Their customer service is terrible too. They have a guarantee but it is void if you don't follow their instructions competely and use the soil that they reccommend. If you bad mouth them on forums like this they apparently put you on their "bad list" and won't do business with you. Their prices are quite high on top of everything else.
This year I did a lot of trading but also bought from www.Tomatogrowers.com and www.chileseeds.co.uk without any problems so far.

NO!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. well known for misslabeling, selling crossed seeds, selling sterile seeds, making up names, etc. they are the epidimy of crummy service and product.

as for suggestions, my personal favorite is http://www.peppermania.com/ . very very good service and the owner (Beth) is a super person and true chilehead.

Being Canadian, don't buy from seeds of change either unless you want to pay unexpected shipping costs on the huge customs package that comes with purchase and the "free" catalogue that they send. Their seeds were good just the extra costs sucks.

Great thx for info guys.
No Reimer seeds for me!

www.chileseeds.co.uk's got a very nice collection of pepper seeds and pepper powders.
Anyone had problems importing pepper powder into Canada?
Don't want to be unlucky like txtclosetgrower.
All my pepper seeds I ordered last year came from the US and I had no problem with customs.
Since I'm starting my 100% vegetarian life style I need a boat load of spices.
Man I want all those powders.... The Kirmizi Biber Roasted pepper spice sounds wicked!

I've never ordered any powders but lots of sauces, seeds, some jerky, and chocolate bars and many other items without a problem. I've heard that sending to Canada can sometimes be a pain in the butt though. Good luck on the vegetarianism. Give me a shout soon if you want more dried habs, I'm just starting to get low on them.

Ah! what the hell! I'll try to order the powders.

I still got about a dozen dryed hab pods. I should be good until the Potawie 2007 harvest :) My favorite use so far Habanero Vodka!

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I don't understand buying seed. First off if you have any kind of access to fresh peppers just get those seeds or order fresh peppers off the net. Enough seeds for a couple of seasons for 10-15 dollars rather than spending 50 dollars for 12 seedlings seems much more sensical(dunno if thats a word?) to me. Not to mention, fresh ones are like seed packets you can eat!! Maybe I am just a tightass but as much as I love this hobby I really don't want to spend a lot of money at it. Just my 2 cents here.

gardenkiller said:
I don't know about the rest of you all, but I don't understand buying seed. First off if you have any kind of access to fresh peppers just get those seeds or order fresh peppers off the net. Enough seeds for a couple of seasons for 10-15 dollars rather than spending 50 dollars for 12 seedlings seems much more sensical(dunno if thats a word?) to me. Not to mention, fresh ones are like seed packets you can eat!! Maybe I am just a tightass but as much as I love this hobby I really don't want to spend a lot of money at it. Just my 2 cents here.

When you buy fresh peppers you have no way of knowing if the seeds in the pepper are ripe enough to germinate (if they were picked a little green)or if the seeds are pure. Remember all our discussions about cross-pollination?

I can order a pack of seeds from a reputable company that backs its seeds for $2 - $3 that will have enough seeds for a couple of seasons. Why should I waste my time or money on seeds from fresh peppers that may or may not breed true, and may or may not germinate?

As to ordering plants instead of seeds, I don't have room to grow everything from seed that I would like. I grow flowers and herbs as well as peppers and tomatoes. For peppers that I only want one or two plants of, ordering the plants makes sense for me. It's also a good way for me to try a new variety without the investment of time and resources that growing from seed involves.

It's not really so expensive when you look at it from that perspective, either. For approximately $4 a plant, I get a healthy pepper delivered to my door ready to go in the ground at the proper planting time for my area. If you figure the cost of seeds, potting medium and pots, electricity for lights and heat, plus my time; for me, it's a bargain.

I just want to know one thing: who's the person behind Reimer Seed??? Collecting 2,000 varieties inconspicuously seems incredible. This is the only company I can think of with no name behind the company...hmmmmm.

I never bought from them so I don't have personal feedback on them. Reputation alone turned me off. I can vouch for Peppermania. Great service and Beth always throws extras in. I have bought from many different seed suppliers.

Chris

PAM---All points well taken, I hope my post didn't seem like I was attacking anyone. I personally have had wonderful luck keeping seeds from fresh peppers and really think its a fun way to keep my hobby going. Once again sorry if I seemed combative, now that I read my post I think it does read that way.

All of my seeds came from peppermainia.com and seem to be doing well, except for the Orange Rocoto...they're still not poking their heads up. I might be doing something wrong with them...who knows. But the Limon Habs are doing nicely!

gardenkiller said:
PAM---All points well taken, I hope my post didn't seem like I was attacking anyone. I personally have had wonderful luck keeping seeds from fresh peppers and really think its a fun way to keep my hobby going. Once again sorry if I seemed combative, now that I read my post I think it does read that way.

I didn't take it as combative at all, just good healthy debate!

cmpman1974 said:
I just want to know one thing: who's the person behind Reimer Seed??? Collecting 2,000 varieties inconspicuously seems incredible. This is the only company I can think of with no name behind the company...hmmmmm.

Aliens

It's a side business. You see, flying millions of light years across the galaxy to rectal probe humans is expensive, so when they kept finding all these pepper seeds up the poo holes of chiliheads, they thought recycling them back to humans was both environmentally sound *and* a way to defray expenses.

Pam said:
Aliens

It's a side business. You see, flying millions of light years across the galaxy to rectal probe humans is expensive, so when they kept finding all these pepper seeds up the poo holes of chiliheads, they thought recycling them back to humans was both environmentally sound *and* a way to defray expenses.

ROFL
Let me guess you've been talking with imaguitargod lately?

Back