• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

drying Questions about a new Dehydrator

I was given a gift today from a friend of mine today.He was cleaning house and gave me his 20 rack dehydrator.He doesnt garden anymore so he doesnt use it ..All I know about it is it has 2 elements and 2 fans one for top and botton the name of the unit is natures way..I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these units and how good they are..I do like the butcher block on top..
102_2447.jpg

Haven't heard of it before but it looks awesome. Just play around with it. Turn the thermostat on to around 45 degrees celsius and place your chillies on the rack (either cut in half - quicker or whole with a few holes poked into it). It can take a few days to dry properly so just check on it a couple of times a day until you get the desired outcome.

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
Haven't heard of it before but it looks awesome. Just play around with it. Turn the thermostat on to around 45 degrees celsius and place your chillies on the rack (either cut in half - quicker or whole with a few holes poked into it). It can take a few days to dry properly so just check on it a couple of times a day until you get the desired outcome.

+1, not much to it, man thats a great score! congrats

Back