• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Question about fertilizer and application.

Ok so I'm growing in 5 gallon buckets (1 per bucket). I just bought a 36oz bottle of Neptune's Harvest fish and seaweed. I'm using the outdoor plants directions 1/8 cup per gallon water.

How much should I give each plant and how frequently? I was guessing half a gallon of the mix each plant once a week would be plenty.

Is that acceptable or should I alter that?

I typically give a full watering every 5 days (water till I see it seep out the bottom).

Thanks for any input!

Hi juanitos.

Justosmo said:
I typically give a full watering every 5 days (water till I see it seep out the bottom).

Have you ever let your plants go until they obviously need water?  Watering on a schefule that isn't determined by the plant can get you into trouble.

I've not used Neptune's.  What does the label say for frequency?

DMF said:
Hi juanitos.

Have you ever let your plants go until they obviously need water?  Watering on a schefule that isn't determined by the plant can get you into trouble.

I've not used Neptune's.  What does the label say for frequency?
I said typically meaning that's normally when the top few inches of soil have dried out enough to indicate a need.

Neptune says to administer it once a week but doesn't really say how much to use other then that the ratio is 1/8th cup to 1 gallon water. I want to make sure I wasn't over doing it.

Back