Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not the only person who thought that.

Those slapping emoticons were hysterical and inserted in the perfect spot. :halo:

Yeah I may have been a little harsh and could have used nicer words but I'm not going to change the gist of my post. Your original post reads like you know more than the rest of us and you ain't sharing. The "all peppers come from China" comment was the back breaker. As Marco and POTAWIE both stated that's not a new idea and it's already been debunked. I would like to know how DNA proved it. Get as technical as you want, I can google the big words I don't understand. If you can't explain it PepperJoe have your buddies come on and share it with us. If I had information like that I would sure as hell publish it, not keep it a secret limited to my lunch buddies.

Folks are going to read that post and not bother with the rest of the thread. Then they'll start regurgitating it and before you know it people will believe it. More bullshit information people have to sort through to find the truth. .

I can already tell you what it is. A deep purple pepper that glows that actually regurgitates capsaicin off the vine. You can't wear nitrite gloves because this capsaicin burns through it like battery acid. Worst of all, the pepper doesn't have spikes/bumps, but more mini-saws on the exterior You don't eat it...it eats you! Welcome from Shanghai......the almighty EIGHT POT PEPPER. It's for those who always felt bad the eighth pot of stew never was hot enough. :)

Chris

morouga scorpion and 7 pot brain strain are same thing arent they? and i agree with most of you...heat/flavor is most important. the 'world record' is just a marketing tool because the 'world' is starting to discover that there's a huge market for superhots. i predict a 'pissing' contest from now on. everyones gonna have some 'new hybrid' that they claim is hotter and better, etc. i personally plan to stick with original, indigenous species that have not been crossed or f#*ked with. from a sales/marketing standpoint, we may keep a couple of the alleged 'hottest peppers in the world' just so we dont appear to be lagging behind...but most of its gimmicky bulls#*t! right now we have over 30 varieties and to be honest...its too much. we have every kind of 7 pot, scorpions, bhuts, fatalii, nagas, and everything in between. we are newbies making a business out of this, but next season will be dialing back. gonna take the hottest, best tasting and most unique peppers and just plant more of them. maybe keep it down to 10 species or so. gonna have over 300 plants this year and would like to take it to 500 next year, just with more of each of the best peppers. congrats to the next 'worlds hottest' and enjoy your status for the month or so you have it, hahahahahaha. and remember................ANYTHING HITTING 1 MILLION OR ABOVE IS F'ING HOTTTTT! and to be honest its hard to distinguish the difference between 1.25 and 1.5 million....im sure it will be the same between 1.5 and the alleged 2 million that the morouga/brain hit. ant that is IF your plants produce numbers that match that. who knows if these hybrids are stable and consistent. and under what conditions they were grown, etc. etc. half of it is smoke and mirrors....good old bhuts and scorpions are tasty and hot enough for anyone. so continue to chase the record and keep crossing and genetically altering our precious peppers and maybe one day we can create a strain that will literally cause 3rd degree burns to our mouths and maybe even combustion! hahahahahah. we will prob buy some seeds from you too....hahaha, have fun and good luck!

ps. funny as hell chris!

AAAhhhhhh.....We're getting our sense of humour back.
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance:
I'll surface those boys from Lunch when they are ready with the next step to preview their pepper.
Hope they have TOUGH skin....they're gonna need it.
:shame:
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe

morouga scorpion and 7 pot brain strain are same thing arent they? and i agree with most of you...heat/flavor is most important. the 'world record' is just a marketing tool because the 'world' is starting to discover that there's a huge market for superhots. i predict a 'pissing' contest from now on. everyones gonna have some 'new hybrid' that they claim is hotter and better, etc. i personally plan to stick with original, indigenous species that have not been crossed or f#*ked with. from a sales/marketing standpoint, we may keep a couple of the alleged 'hottest peppers in the world' just so we dont appear to be lagging behind...but most of its gimmicky bulls#*t! right now we have over 30 varieties and to be honest...its too much. we have every kind of 7 pot, scorpions, bhuts, fatalii, nagas, and everything in between. we are newbies making a business out of this, but next season will be dialing back. gonna take the hottest, best tasting and most unique peppers and just plant more of them. maybe keep it down to 10 species or so. gonna have over 300 plants this year and would like to take it to 500 next year, just with more of each of the best peppers. congrats to the next 'worlds hottest' and enjoy your status for the month or so you have it, hahahahahaha. and remember................ANYTHING HITTING 1 MILLION OR ABOVE IS F'ING HOTTTTT! and to be honest its hard to distinguish the difference between 1.25 and 1.5 million....im sure it will be the same between 1.5 and the alleged 2 million that the morouga/brain hit. ant that is IF your plants produce numbers that match that. who knows if these hybrids are stable and consistent. and under what conditions they were grown, etc. etc. half of it is smoke and mirrors....good old bhuts and scorpions are tasty and hot enough for anyone. so continue to chase the record and keep crossing and genetically altering our precious peppers and maybe one day we can create a strain that will literally cause 3rd degree burns to our mouths and maybe even combustion! hahahahahah. we will prob buy some seeds from you too....hahaha, have fun and good luck!

ps. funny as hell chris!

I can understand your concerns. IMO the names of all these varieties are a terrible mess! I'm also with you and others that flavor is more important than going beyond the heat of a bhut jolokia (that's plenty hot for eating). However, I see some pros to this piss contest. I think it will attract more people and enthusiasm to the pepper world. Personally I love all the different varieties that are being made but not because they are hot (we really don't need more than 1 million). I hope to contribute new varieties and quality in existing peppers.

Edit: One pepper that I think is underrated is the Thai dragon pepper.

I can understand your concerns. I'm also with you and others that flavor is more important than going beyond the heat of a bhut jolokia (that's plenty hot for eating). However, I see some pros to this piss contest. I think it will attract more people and enthusiasm to the pepper world. Personally I love all the different varieties that are being made but not because they are hot (we really don't need more than 1 million). I hope to contribute new varieties and quality in existing peppers.

As long as it doesn't start attracting too much big business and too many big egos because you can already get a feel around this place at the moment about what it can do to divide a fairly united and friendly community with this latest blow up

As long as it doesn't start attracting too much big business and too many big egos because you can already get a feel around this place at the moment about what it can do to divide a fairly united and friendly community with this latest blow up

Big business would be bad. I like the mom and pop venders. I have an ego myself but it doesn't get too out of hand, lol. I'm new to The Hot Pepper so I don't know what it was like before my arrival.

Hey Gang...have an update for you.
We're travelling to meet our 2 guys and their team with the next Worlds Hottest Pepper....looks to be in two weeks.
We'll view their greenhouse operation, gardens, new products, etc.
I'm going up with a good friend, Sammy Diminich who owned the first Italian restauran in Myrtle Beach, Roma's. He's just rolled out a Salad Dressing that is selling very well...and he plans on adding some Hot and spicy products. (We do Home and Garden shows together).
Also, Penny from Penny's Tomatoes is joining us. She's rolling out a Salsa and BBQ sauce soon and is interested in the heat and marketing potential in this new pepper (I am also Penny's partner and Fiance).
The Chemist/Gardener absolutely insists he's created 600 new varieties of Chiles. I again say I believe him. But I hope to get a ton of pictures and even some seeds for the next record breaker. I am going to be a Seed Source selling the seed and recommended a few other vendors to them.
I'm also interested in getting an exclusive on some of the other new varieties.
Get this....they had the new name for the pepper narrowed down to two. I tossed another name in the hat...and the marketing guy loves it and is presenting it at a meeting on Monday. Cool or what?
Hey, let's have some FUN with this....
What name would YOU give it?
I think the few critics about the credability of this will have some egg on their faces.
And, if I'm wrong and this whole thing is BULL...I'll gladly fess up and admit it on THP....
I'm SO excited about being on the ground floor with all of this.
Anyway, more to follow.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P :dance:

And the beat goes on.

I've decided to be a good boy and sit back and STFU and keep opinions to myself until this has all come out. Two million plus SHU's is going to be tough to beat. Do we get to hear about the entire process? How many plants, how many pods, type of tests etc?

Good luck.

Oh crap I forgot to put in my nominee for the name. Lemme think............. Oh! Cooter!! The Cooter Pepper! You can stuff cooters, you can eat cooters, you can play with cooters (but you have to be careful or you may get burned).

And the beat goes on.

I've decided to be a good boy and sit back and STFU and keep opinions to myself until this has all come out. Two million plus SHU's is going to be tough to beat. Do we get to hear about the entire process? How many plants, how many pods, type of tests etc?

Good luck.

I'm sure you're going to get all of the information about the testing. They already told me they "tested 50 pounds of peppers in one test and their testing on this pepper has been in place for 5 years". They also are already testing peppers now for the NEXT hottest pepper after this one... because they want extensive, long-term credible testing.
When speaking again to the Guiness people this week they are "checking the calibration on their equipment for accuracy".
Again, THIS INFO IS NOT FROM ME....I'm passing along information they gave me as we're settng up the trip I'm making to meet with them in two weeks. They are shooting for the end of March to have everything in place and go public.
AGAIN, I'm passing along information that I believe to be true.
Later,
Pepper Joe

lol
"When speaking again to the Guiness people this week they are "checking the calibration on their equipment for accuracy".

Guinness does not do their own testing, they are a beer company. As far as I know any science lab with HPLC equipment can be used. Look at Warwick and how many records came from that University's testing

lol
"When speaking again to the Guiness people this week they are "checking the calibration on their equipment for accuracy".

Guinness does not do their own testing, they are a beer company. As far as I know any science lab with HPLC equipment can be used. Look at Warwick and how many records came from that University's testing

Patrick, they want the SEED GUYS to document the Calibration of THEIR equipment.
Again, passing along information.
Man, some folks are always looking for a conspiracy theory.
I remember last year a few of you thought Regal Seeds was a secretly owned Pepper Joe company down in florida.
One guy was even going drive over to 'Spy' on this place.
:rofl:
Man, the posts were flying..."was the location "Pepper Joe Lane", was it "connected to my Test Gardens in Fort Myers Florida".
Etc.
I was howling at the implications
:D
The confusion was that the owner of Regal Seeds plagiarized a lot of content from my website.
I made it loud and clear to Regal to fix it and make it known here exactly what happened.
The poor guy came on this forum and fessed up to what happened.
The peculiar thing is got real quiet after that.
Nobody came forward and said they were wrong, or corrected any accusations.
:banghead:
Whatever.
I'll be real interested to see what some of you have to say when the next Worlds Hottest Pepper comes from these two guys I'm working with.
My guess....it will get real quiet again...or you can pick apart one tiny little part of their story when it hits the presses and challenge it.
It is SO easy to do that. It's a lot tougher taking on the challenge these two guys are taking on.
Back when I was in Corporate America for 39 years, when you screwed up, or you were dead wrong...or came off too strong to someone and then realized it....you usually shook their hand and apolozized.
Hmmm... I'll be anxious to see how this plays out when the facts are presented.
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe

I am anxious to see how this plays out as well. So, to clarify, these guys have been growing and testing this new strain (the supposed "next one") for five years now? That is amazing since five years ago the Red Savina was still the Guinness record holder. I find it strange that anyone would spend all the time and money to "build" a pepper that would not only beat that, but also be able to beat the NEXT record holders two as well. That is some serious foresight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back