Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean primo-like in appearance. Sorry about that. Would be easier to give it a proper name. Marketing value? Being the Guinness World Record holder wouldn't be enough? I will never eat a butch t but I did purchase seeds for the novelty of it. The only "instant visual" I get from machete is maybe some tribesman in Papua New Guinea clearing a trail. I need an visual when purchasing. Would the Brain Strain be as big if it didn't look like a brain? Congrats to all the winners. I am not trying to take anything away from you folks. I also am not being a hater! Just commenting.

Yea, I am not loving the name. Sorry, it just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't make much sense.

Congrats to the winners though. I am sure it will sell plenty either way. Do you get seeds for it?

This sounds like another Naga Viper to me. I'm questioning its stability amongst other things. Seems to be a quick-to-market variety designed as a marketing tool.

God I hate the pissing contest that the 'hottest pepper in the world' has become. But congrats to everybody who won let me know how these things measure up!

So been keeing up with this guy's facebook (holy crap I have turned into that guy) but it doesn't sound like he is now, or ever was, interested in the record.... but just in doing what he loves with his family...

" We only publish averages for pounds of peppers over multiple years. If we are going to start publishing one off ratings instead of averages, I guess it;s time to start pulling out the high numbers. I did ask the Proffessor to get the highs and lows on this years testing ( @ 50 lbs of peppers submitted), so we'll see. But I honestly don't know if I'm will to start that game... The record would be cool, but I just like what I'm doing."

I mean primo-like in appearance. Sorry about that. Would be easier to give it a proper name.

Oh, I didn't realize that's what you meant. NP! Hopefully HP22b will be out by next January. If it's out by then, I'll grow it and a primo next season and see what the differences and similarities are. The same thing has been suspected of the Mourga and brain strain but it looks like those are different varieties that happen to look almost identical.

I won a lot more than I expected from the naming competition. I can't imagine what the first place winner received, lol. I also didn't expect non-pepper seeds or a dried bhut jolokia pod (yum!), lol. I share an organic garden with three professors from the college I graduated from. I will have to ask them if they interested in any of the seeds I won. I'm sure they will be very excited with all the various types of seeds I have. It makes me feel good to share with them since they lend me their help. I also completely ran out of seed stock for tomatoes (had a bad year with tomatoes last year). The three professors also had a terrible year for tomatoes (think it got to hot). Pepper Joe was very generous in this competition. Thanks for your generosity Pepper Joe.

Here is what I received:

Pepper Joe's Salsa kit (great idea). It includes 20 jalapeno peppers, 20 habanero seeds (mine came with a type of red habanero), 20 Roma tomato seeds, 20 bodacious beefsteak tomatoes, and a lot more than 20 seeds of cilantro and onions. All the seeds came in clear plastic bags with pictures.The kit also came with salsa recipes and seed growing tips.

6870113414_10ba5e3c46.jpg

Dried ghost chile pod that came in the Salsa Kit (wicked awesome idea!):

7016222805_bb92981ba4.jpg

I've been eating a little bit of it since I got it. Tastes great to me and has a good burn.

Pepper Joe's Garden In A Box. This box came with 20 jalapeno peppers (I had 0 jalapeno seed stock so happy to get lots of jalapeno seeds, lol), Habanero hot (a nice orange looking habanero), sweet cubanelle (I was planning on getting sweet peppers for next years season), Roma tomatoes, burbank slicing seeds, Cherokee purple, well over 20 Italian parsley seeds (I had a parsley mishap this year and had no seed stock!), well over 20 cilantro seeds, and well over 20 sweet basil seeds (no seed stock but I have one growing like crazy, lol). These seeds also came in clear plastic bags with pictures. I cook a lot of Italian food so happy about having seeds to replace what I lack.

6870113478_1dab2f020b.jpg

A special package came with the kits that has some very interesting peppers and tomatoes. This also came with tips for growing peppers.It came with filius blue pepper seeds (I'm gonna grow these for the ornamental aspect), yellow bhut jolokia seeds (very awesome!), E-Z grow jalapeno seeds, purple jalapeno seeds (very excited about these), hot cherry peppers (I love these pickled), chicken heart pepper, Anaheim seeds (I use this in my mild sauces), cayenne blend seeds (purple, yellow, and red mix), orange glow tomato seeds, marglobe tomato seeds, and Mr. stripey tomato seeds (cool looking tomatoes).

6870113584_dfc0a05d78.jpg

PS I'm wondering a bit more about your habanero (hot)s. I have red and orange ones growing and wondering if your orange ones differ from regular orange ones from Mexico. I'd have to grow the red ones to see the difference I think. The orange one looks so tasty in the pic (I like to eat them raw and whole).

I recieved a similar package Dulac :) Are your red hab seeds green? That surprised me.

I took a picture, and posted it to my Glog :). Looking forward to growing some of the new to me varieties :D

Thanks Joe!

I recieved a similar package Dulac :) Are your red hab seeds green? That surprised me.

I took a picture, and posted it to my Glog :). Looking forward to growing some of the new to me varieties :D

Thanks Joe!

Cool! Yeah, my red hab seeds were green too! I'm wondering what was used to make them green. It might be a good idea to avoid mixing up varieties. I meant to ask Pepper Joe about that in the post but forgot.

I also got my package in the mail today. Thank you very much Joe

I'd like to apologize for been kinda hard on you with my posts. I still don't agree with the way you went about all this but it is what it is. You have a very good customer rep and I see why. Your a man of your word. Thanks again for the goodies and I hope the HP22b really does beat out the moruga and that you sell a ton of seeds.

Hey to the Winners and CONGRATULATIONS again. I'm glad that even Frisky received his package because Customs is very difficult in Australia. We typically won't ship to that country because Customs usually destroys the packages.
It's ironic because Neil at Hippy Seeds ships seeds here in the USA with apparently no issues.
Anyway, my intention was to give the 6 winners....which I decided to go with 7 winners...what they expected and a WHOLE LOT MORE.
Sounds like we may have achieved that.
Please keep me posted on your germination %'s and growing successes....pics would be awesome.
I hope everyone is having a great growing season...I know that we are here in SC.
5N45Kd5J53Me3N63Hec2cc65dc2e427c31808.jpg

:halo:
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Got my package today!
WOOT

3 small box + 8 peppers seeds and 3 tomato seed packet
the boxes were :
Salsa in a box, Volcano in a box and Garden in a box!

Thanks Joe!
can wait to fire some of those pupppies!
will have to check which tomatoes willl be okay if i plant them this week end!

Hey Guillo,
Out of respect for the team bringing this pepper forward, I'm laying back and letting them handle everything.
My guess...it will be sooner rather than later that the news will pop.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back