• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Problems with seedlings

klyth said:
Bottom watering with plastic cups is a pain! The peat pots would wick up the water. The plastic cups only draw water up to the level of the water, so I have to fill REALLY deep containers with water... Any suggestions on that? Are my holes too small (they're 1/4")? I only have holes in the bottom of the cups, should I have holes on the side as well?

Patience, Grasshopper.

It will wick, it does takes longer, though

I leave each tray of my seedlings in about 15-20 minutes - so it takes me about 3 hours to water...

Like Pam said....patience grashopper, patience.....

I am trying to find the thread where I made my grow box but can't seem to...still looking.....

Pam said:
Patience, Grasshopper.

It will wick, it does takes longer, though

OK :) The peat pots took all of 5 minutes. So I thought I must have done something wrong.

By the way, Pam, you use seaweed, yeah? I got some, and it says to use it every 3 weeks. I know I need to dilute it to at least half strength, but my question is this: Do you only use it when transplanting? Or do you use it periodically?

AlabamaJack said:
I leave each tray of my seedlings in about 15-20 minutes - so it takes me about 3 hours to water...

Like Pam said....patience grashopper, patience.....

I am trying to find the thread where I made my grow box but can't seem to...still looking.....

Thanks AJ.

Well, since all of my Bhuts died except 1 (trying desperately to save him), I have a bit of space... Does anyone know where I can get Fatalii's, 7-Pot's or Scorpions? I'm finding Fatalii's, but I'd rather not pay shipping from multiple sources (not that I can find Scorps or 7-Pots at all right now). I don't have space for many, maybe 4 seeds of each.

By the way, Pam, you use seaweed, yeah? I got some, and it says to use it every 3 weeks. I know I need to dilute it to at least half strength, but my question is this: Do you only use it when transplanting? Or do you use it periodically?

Yes, I do. I use Maxicrop Liquified Seaweed with Iron, which is .1-0.0-1.0 .I use when transplanting or when I feel like the plants have been stressed, like when I first more them outside to start hardening off. When I'm rooting plants, I also let them soak in the Maxicrop for a couple of hours before putting a rooting stimulate on them and sticking them in dirt.

It's not a complete fertilizer, so it's not one that I would use all the time.

Back