• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

powder-flake Powder Combinations

Well been grinding my powders but would love to no other peoples combinations of powders and which combinations have achieved great results and which peppers they have used to get the flavor they wanted from them :)

I have never made pepper powder before but i was thinking and came up with Dorset Naga and Aji Lemon, should taste real nice and lift your head off!

Me and you together then done Some Dorset,With Pimenta De Padron and was really nice and going to try some others,Yours sounds like a great combo :)

I use two types of mixtures
the first one is very strong, Is used by I only and my greater son
the second is used by everybody, strong but very good and aromatic

Composition of the first:
Habanero Chocolate 20%, 7Pod 15%, Bih Jolokia 15%, Hot Lemon 20%, Pimenta da Neyde 30%.

Composition of the second:
Goat's Weed 40%, Hot lemon 20%, Pimenta da Neyde 40%

Luigi55 said:
I use two types of mixtures
the first one is very strong, Is used by I only and my greater son
the second is used by everybody, strong but very good and aromatic

Composition of the first:
Habanero Chocolate 20%, 7Pod 15%, Bih Jolokia 15%, Hot Lemon 20%, Pimenta da Neyde 30%.

Composition of the second:
Goat's Weed 40%, Hot lemon 20%, Pimenta da Neyde 40%

Luigi both sound divine im going to grow more Pimenta De Neyde next year as the pods are fantastic and the small amount of powder i made was wonderfully hot and aromatic great plant,Lovely combinations love the goats weed,hot lemon,pimenta de neyde combo :)

Talas...I know you have seen my combinations before but I will put it here too...

my basic powder is Orange Hab, Orange Thai, and Tabasco in equal parts...

this is the first year I have grown so many varieties and so I will be trying different combinations...

good thread my friend...

Must admit A.J i was going back through the old threads trying to find some on powders and no you and POTAWIE and others did some great combos as last night i had bags of powder made..Until my old coffee grinder died on me and just been to get a new one lol..But just was lost for a bit on flavors and amounts etc thx for the help
:)

I've tried several combos so far. I enjoyed a mix of Cayenne and dried onions, garlic, celery and sea salt.
A "fruity" combo is Lemon Drop/Scotch Bonnet.
An overall burn is delivered by a Hab/Bird's Eye/Naga combo.

Chiliac said:
I've tried several combos so far. I enjoyed a mix of Cayenne and dried onions, garlic, celery and sea salt.
A "fruity" combo is Lemon Drop/Scotch Bonnet.
An overall burn is delivered by a Hab/Bird's Eye/Naga combo.

Really good combos,like the lemon drop scotch bonnet as combi..Have you done anything with The Champion as a powder combo or powder as mine are not ripe yet ? :)

Yep you make a good point was thinking head next year as i only grew one plant, next year more and i agree damn fine pepper if i had enough i still try just out of curiosity :)

I usually like to keep my pepper powders seperate and make powders and rubs as needed but this year I'm making a lot of C. chinense blends based on color to make it easier to process/store a lot of peppers more quickly and easily. For example I have at least 7 types of yellow C. chinense that all get mixed together dry, and ground up as needed.

Mixed some dorsets and 7 pot last night fiery combination and then added a third of aji lemon,Turned out really nice,POTAWIE seem to have a lot orange yellow c.chinese for next year will try the same
i think,Im sure Fatalli yellow and Bondas would go great together :oops:

Hey Talas i am really pleased to hear that you tried my suggestion:) Thats just great, i am growing Dorsets and Aji Lemons this year so i will be sure to make some of this powder:) I would add 7-pot but i have not got that variety-yet...

Novacastrian said:
Hey Talas i am really pleased to hear that you tried my suggestion:) Thats just great, i am growing Dorsets and Aji Lemons this year so i will be sure to make some of this powder:) I would add 7-pot but i have not got that variety-yet...

Nice combinations and worked really well together my friend..No 7pot but a request in seed section :cheers:

Talas...I just weighed the dried pods I have now...2065 grams (4.54845815
pounds or .3963 stone) :lol:

ther are about 40 varieties dried now and my first true dehydrator full of T. Scorpions, Yellows, Chocolate habs, 7 Pot, plus a tray full of Super Chili is drying right now...got the next batch ready to go, and I will have to harvest again tomorrow....probably another 500 pods...

no frost in sight for the next 10 days to 2 weeks....yippppeeeeeee...the plants are producing their "buds" off...

Dehydrator running 24/7...

Chiliac said:
Nah and I probably won't. They taste sooo good fresh I think it'd be a waste making powder from them. JMO

:shocked:I grow plenty to eat and grind.

Ripe jalapeno is hands down the best powder you can get. They have great flavor and in powder form, you can add as much as you want until it is hot enough.

AlabamaJack said:
Talas...I just weighed the dried pods I have now...2065 grams (4.54845815
pounds or .3963 stone) ;)

ther are about 40 varieties dried now and my first true dehydrator full of T. Scorpions, Yellows, Chocolate habs, 7 Pot, plus a tray full of Super Chili is drying right now...got the next batch ready to go, and I will have to harvest again tomorrow....probably another 500 pods...

no frost in sight for the next 10 days to 2 weeks....yippppeeeeeee...the plants are producing their "buds" off...

Dehydrator running 24/7...

I think the word is WOW and hope the Dehydrator keeps up :)

Back